• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

appointment

Nicola67

Hi
I live in Blackburn and have an appointment this morning with the dietician. Its the second step in getting a gastric band.
I used to live in Preston and was told by my GP that I had to prove I had tried all ways to lose weight. I also had to attend weight loss classes, dietician, exercise classes etc. Unfortunately I moved to Blackburn and therefore lost my referral because I was under a different PCT.
Since moving to Blackburn, it has taken over a year to get my GP to refer me. I had to go to the gym, attend weight management class etc.
Finally I was referred a couple of months ago and now I have an appointment with the dietician.
Im really worried that im going to say all the wrong things and she will tell me to go away and get councelling!
I have a BMI of about 44!! I have high blood pressure, am pre-diabetic, have restless leg syndrome, and I am permanently exhausted. I just want a chance to have a life.
I want to feel confident, :(
Nic. x

Hi
I live in Blackburn and have an appointment this morning with the dietician. Its the second step in getting a gastric band.
I used to live in Preston and was told by my GP that I had to prove I had tried all ways to lose weight. I also had to attend weight loss classes, dietician, exercise classes etc. Unfortunately I moved to Blackburn and therefore lost my referral because I was under a different PCT.
Since moving to Blackburn, it has taken over a year to get my GP to refer me. I had to go to the gym, attend weight management class etc.
Finally I was referred a couple of months ago and now I have an appointment with the dietician.
Im really worried that im going to say all the wrong things and she will tell me to go away and get councelling!
I have a BMI of about 44!! I have high blood pressure, am pre-diabetic, have restless leg syndrome, and I am permanently exhausted. I just want a chance to have a life.
I want to feel confident, :(
Nic. x

Hi Nic
It seems odd that a dietician would be able to comment on your mental state without another health professionl's opinion! I would think that your appointment will be to go through your eating habits which will enable your surgeon to decide which weight loss surgery would suit you best. It is worrying though how many hurdles we have to jump over and the fear of rejection is always there.
Sorry you've had to jump through so many hoops!
Lots of luck and let us all know how it goes.
I am sure there will be some great advice along shortly!

Lx

Last edited:
. You need to be honest with the dietition as they will form a report for the surgion so that they can advise you on the best surgery. Also the dietition will help you transition between the food you are eating now and the food after surgery. Dont worry they are not there to judge you they are are part of the process to make sure you get the right surgery for you and that you have a sensible eating plan following surgery. If you are not honest (not that im saying you would not be) then they can not advise you correctly and you could end up having the wrong type of surgery or being put on the wrong pre op and post op diet.

Good luck for your appointment xx

just want to say welcome and good luck for your appointment. just tell them what you have told us here and im sure they will help. xx

Sure you are a candidate for surgery and to be honest with you, if they offer you counselling as well as surgery, grab it with both hands. Good luck.

Welcome! I had my first appointment and my dietician was great and just be really honest about what and how often you eat.

Hi Nicola...:welcome: to Minis.

good luck with your WL journey and don't be afraid to shout up if you need to know anything...there's always someone around to help :)

Back