• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a thought

charliegirl

As you know I have been referred to the PCT for funding for banding and they wrote to my GP stating I needed to attend weight loss clinic for 2 years. My GP wrote back to them stating I had been undergoing different methods of trying to lose weight since February 2006 and could this be taken into account. Not heard back but had my visit with Dr New and the bariatric clinic at Hope. He is wanting me to speak to a surgeon before he can decide on banding or bypass. When this has been decided what happens then? Does he write to the PCT, will they listen to what he says? I wish I had asked more questions when I was there but I was so stressed I could not even read what he was writing and I am normally that nosey I dont miss a trick....Linda x

Hi Linda,:party0011::party0011::party0011:

Here's an idea you could always ring Dr New's secretary and she could have a word with Dr New and possibly she may still have your notes on her desk ready to type letters/appts at Dr New's request to various depts and she may have an idea on what happens next with regards funding from the PCT etc.
I hope this helps.
Take care:):wavey:
Trina xxxx

Hi Trina, yeah never thought of that how daft am I???? I dont know if he has to write to them etc and say that as a weight management consultant he thinks this is the way forward and two years weight management would be a waste of time and money....I will call her in the morning before I go to work.....How you feeling? Your op is coming up thick and fast now soon be time to say goodbye to that scar once and for all yeehaw....Linda x

Hi Linda,
Let me know how you get on tomorrow:):):)
I can't believe that's it's nearly my time, I'm getting really nervous now because I had a GA last october for sinus surgery and I didn't come around very well
disappointed.gif
disappointed.gif

I was tha bad my hubby was allowed accesss to the recovery room were they wake you up,My poor hubby was white with fear as he thought I was a gonna. I was sort of fittting but I wasn't fitting if you see what I mean and I couldn't breathe properly and all the anaesthetists were rushing around all over the place, giving me all sorts of drugs so I was 3 days coming round from all the effects of the drugs.
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

They should have it all written down I hope

It's my pre op on wednesday, then op the following tuesday.

Take care
Trina xxxxxxx

Trina they will be well aware of that this time around, but make sure you mention it when the anethetist (cant spell that word!!) comes around to chat before the op....I am sure you will be fine and I will be thinking of you. I will be on my own when I go for the op, my daughter and I have not spoken for 6 months since she told me to leave her alone so I cannot go make up with her until she is ready and my son said he wont be able to get time off work, which translates to he does not want to do it. I have friends that will take me and bring me home and worry about me lol....I think once my Doc has spoken to the psychologist and the surgeon and he decides which surgery is the best he will then write to the PCT. I am coming up to my time of the month, all my positive thoughts end up flying out of the window, you watch the change of tone in my posts for the next week. I surprise myself that I hold down the job I do....I cannot settle this evening and have the munchies but have nothing in that I fancy and would not know what I fancied anyway if you know what I mean! Life is confusing at times....when I start losing weight I will be at the gym more on my days off as I really enjoy going, they all have the little tvs on the machines and you get carried away sad but true....anyway enough of my ramblings....big hug matey...lindax

Hi Linda,
Let me know how you get on tomorrow:):):)
I can't believe that's it's nearly my time, I'm getting really nervous now because I had a GA last october for sinus surgery and I didn't come around very well
disappointed.gif
disappointed.gif

I was tha bad my hubby was allowed accesss to the recovery room were they wake you up,My poor hubby was white with fear as he thought I was a gonna. I was sort of fittting but I wasn't fitting if you see what I mean and I couldn't breathe properly and all the anaesthetists were rushing around all over the place, giving me all sorts of drugs so I was 3 days coming round from all the effects of the drugs.
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

They should have it all written down I hope
It's my pre op on wednesday, then op the following tuesday.

Take care
Trina xxxxxxx

Hi Trina

You need to make sure that they are aware you had this issue last time, i spent my first day and night following my op in intensive care as i stopped breathing, as a precaution i went into the ICU, everytime i tried to sleep my stats dropped and alarms rang out, the first night i didn't sleep much :)

Richard

linda i got my letter about 2 weeks after seeing Dr new. He had written to my dr stating what he was surgesting and asked my GP to write to the PCT for funding. you know you already have yr GP's backing and with DR News letter hopefully they will come up with the goods.
Fingers frossed that its not too long now
HC

linda i got my letter about 2 weeks after seeing Dr new. He had written to my dr stating what he was surgesting and asked my GP to write to the PCT for funding. you know you already have yr GP's backing and with DR News letter hopefully they will come up with the goods.
Fingers frossed that its not too long now
HC

Hi HC

I called Dr New's sec today just to clarify the bit about funding ie to see if once Dr New had written to my GP my GP would use that letter to write to the PCT again. Well the sec did not even ask my name would not listen when I tried to speak and kept saying Salford PCT need to go via Pathway, and that she was sick of GP's referring people to them without funding in place first and when I got a word in and advised her I was under central lancs PCT and that Dr New was referring me to see the surgeon etc she said "Oh that is unusual". Her attitude stank she still did not ask my name but said any appointments from friday would not be typed up until sometime next week as she was only up to 22 august.

I understand about the letter I am a trained med sec myself so I know how these things work. The fact she said the opposite of what he said got to me. I said why did he say other wise and she said she could not comment until she had read the notes next week. I cannot see why Dr New would waste NHS money by sending me to the psychologist, surgeon and dietician if he thought funding would not be got, he knew from my GP;s letter that the PCT were not being helpful and I thought his letter along with my GP would put pressure on the PCT which I think is what you have basically said in your message. I dont think these people realise the affect it can have on your life. I am sick of going up and then down at least this time I have not cried......

Linda x

Linda sorry you didnt get a good responce from her. maybe she was having a bad day which doesnt help you as i found her really helpful.
I dont know if you know but the weight management at hope is a new setup after dr weinkove retired. He seemed to put everyone on lipotrim which they had to pay for and then only if that failed did he refere for surgery.
Maybe the new system is now showing a few flaws as if you live in salford funding is automatically granted.
Sit tight and hopefully you will get the answer you need soon.
HC

HC the first time I spoke to her she was lovely, it was like a totally different person when I spoke she just talked over me which is very ignorant as how can she help if she does not know the question. I know its a case of waiting again but going to speak to my GP's sec tomorrow. After all it was the GP's sec who contacted Dr New's secretary to see if I could be referred directly to Dr New BEFORE funding had been put in place and she was told yes....somewhere along the line they all need to communicate better. Mind you it made me think about times when I am hacked off and a bit off hand with my callers.....so maybe a lesson learnt! Linda x

Back