• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Julia's diary

julesburns

Hello All,
I am now 7 weeks out from Wrap surgery, so thought I would update properly as I have been a bit rushed in recent weeks and havent had time to update things.
Soooo.. firstly, thank you for your lovely messages of support over the last 7 weeks and beyond. It was lovely to know that you lot were here to talk to when I was worrying before surgery, and answering questions for me post surgery!!
I initially lost 14lb during the first 2 weeks after surgery, and then I stalled big time. It got me down and I did have a few moments of 'what have I done this for!?!?!', however, I have since started excercise (aqua running 3 times per week) and since then I have started to lose again :) yay!!! So in total now I have lost 10kg, which is about 22lb, which I am delighted with, being that I am only 7 weeks out.
It has been hard going though.. it isnt as easy as I thought it was going to be - I drive past McDonalds and I think, oooh.. I will just treat myself to a burger, and then I am sat in the queue and i think.. oh, i cant eat a big mac, I will get a kids meal... so then I get a kids meal, and then I eat a few fries and I am stuffed, and then it is a total waste of time, and calories and money and I get annoyed with myself. Dont get me wrong... the majority of the time I am eating healthy, happy foods.. but I wouldnt be being honest with myself - or you - if I didnt admit to the odd little slip.. the good thing is that I cant actually eat what I buy.. so in that respect the surgery has done the trick - it just doesnt stop the feeling of hunger or the wanting to eat naughty things. It really is about will power!!!!
Apart from that, I am feeling fine. I origionally was suffering from no energy, tired all the time, feeling weak.. however since I started excercise I have felt great and full of energy.
I am not struggling with pasta/rice/bread like others do - however I have only tried bread once.. it tends to be that I dont want pasta/rice as it fills me up too quick and I prefer meat and then veg. I have found that I cannot tollerate beef/roast beef/ lamb or anything which is dry. I am fine with chicken and turkey though so am living off that at the moment with veggies.
So, all in all I am doing fine. Happy with my loss so far and am being honest with myself about what I am eating. I think its all a good step in the right direction. :)

Well done you!!

Its 3 weeks today since I had my wrap and I am going onto 'mush' today.I cant say that I have struggled so far, as knowing what you can eat (liquids) is the easy part and I am actually dreading when I go onto real food, as that is when I have to make my own choices.

A few nights ago my hubby wanted fish and chips (Ive told him he must carry on as normal and not make exceptions for me) So he came back from the chip shop and I looked at his fish and chips longingly for a few seconds, then something clicked in my head and I just laughed and said to myself "no more fat girl" and that was that, I turned my back on the fish and chips and had my cuppa soup....yummy!!!!

Keep having your smaller portions, keep up with the exercise and keep reminding yourself how much you have lost so far and how brilliant that is and that you dont need fat Mcdonalds anymore and if you find yourself in the McDonalds queue again, contact me and Ill talk you out of it!!!!!!

xx

Last edited:
Ah thank you honey!! TBH it was a late night drive home after the gym that i ended up in McDonalds.. I was soooo hungry and the thought of cooking when i got home was doing my head in and I thought.. I will treat myself... NEVER AGAIN!!! I literally ate about 6 fries and then felt full and I was so annoyed with myself.. I am now very prepared for the gym when I go.. I have something to eat an hour before hand and I take a Banana for after my session to get something back in my body.. otherwise I am literally starving to death.. its all about planning. I didnt realise how disorganised I was before this op.. I just wandered through life without any food planning!!! :(

Lol.... obviously I am not literally starving to death.. I am just being dramatic!!! lol xx

Evening/late evening is my biggest fear, I was always a snacker at this time (sandwich & bag of crisps).....Gotta keep myself occupied.

I think the main thing is you have 'learned your lesson' and now you plan food around your gym.

Well done!!!

xx

Ah thank you honey!! TBH it was a late night drive home after the gym that i ended up in McDonalds.. I was soooo hungry and the thought of cooking when i got home was doing my head in and I thought.. I will treat myself... NEVER AGAIN!!! I literally ate about 6 fries and then felt full and I was so annoyed with myself.. I am now very prepared for the gym when I go.. I have something to eat an hour before hand and I take a Banana for after my session to get something back in my body.. otherwise I am literally starving to death.. its all about planning. I didnt realise how disorganised I was before this op.. I just wandered through life without any food planning!!! :(

Hi Julia
Would you actually be able to a burger in your stomach? I'm wondering about the volume of the wrap. If you could only eat half a small burger, that wouldn't be so bad, would it?

If your going to eat burgers avoid fast food. I've had a bypass and I eat burgers but I make my own. They are much healthier, you can make them as small as you want and you can control exactly what goes in them :)

I could probably stomach half a child's burger. However I am now completely avoiding mac Donald's and will go down the healthy route of making my own! :) saying that though, tonight I have tried a small amount of lamb tagine with apricots and I was fine so maybe lamb is back on the menu. I only managed about 3 cubes of lamb but that's ok. I am full and plenty of protein!! I don't suppose 1/2 a burger is terribly bad in the grand scheme of things (especially as I can't eat the bread!!) but I just felt bad about it. Thanks for your replies!! Good to know others are in the same situation!! Xxx

Thanks for the update and for piccy sharing. Size 16 - hurrah and great news on the loose skin! Glad all is going well for you :) x x

thank you girls!! Its just so nice when you start to get nice feedback. this afternoon a guy from work stopped me walking past him and said "i dont mean to be rude, but have you been on a diet? you look amazing" I nearly cried!! He was so lovely about it!! I told him about my surgery and he actually said his wife had been looking for a surgeon and would I recommend mine!! I said definately!!!!!
It is also really nice to go shopping and not to have to go to large lady stores anymore.. I actually bought a dress from Zara this week and it fitted!!!! i cannot believe it!! I am so pleased that i did this!!!! :) xxx

Says the shrinking woman in France!!!! Hehehehe!!!! Thank you dee!!!!! :) xxx

I love reading diarys and bits from the ladies who are a few months further out than me :) it definatly makes me smile to know my time is coming when i can start shopping for new clothes and get back to normal family meals ( even if smaller) .. Your doing brill Jules xx

Back