• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary - Wrap date 14th July.

shazbo

Finally got the guts to go and speak to my GP about my plans for WLS. He was so supportive that he made me cry. Gave me loads of advice, make sure your properly covered insurance wise for surgery abroad, start healthy eating as soon as possible and try and stop drinking alcohol before surgery to help with liver etc. He told me to check the surgeons qualification and surgery statistics and seemed impressed that this information has already been given. He called the wrap pioneering surgery and knew all about it! He also reassured me that he has a couple of patients who have been abroad for WLS and are doing incredibly well though said it isn't easy and very hard work.
Even better he said book an appointment with him after I get back, make sure I am given all my notes and he will happily give me a sick note for as long as I need :)
Relieved isn't the word.

Ooh it's going to be a really exciting time for you. Do lots and lots of research on here and you can gain so much knowledge. Good luck in your journey xx

Back