• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

I bought one from morrisons £8 think was morphy richards

I got and Asda own brand hand blender had £2 off do only paid a fiver xx

Works loads better than my big blender x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh hell...seriously I don't cook at all, a blender..right I've seen these on TV... I'm going to kill myself with it or at least lose a hand!

Hi all ... havent been on here in a while. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Well done! Just a bit of an update on my journey ... bit disappointed about weight loss post op. Was 110 or 111 kg op day cant remember and am now 102 5 weeks post op. Didn't have many problems at all with eating ... my portions have been tea plate size and lunch has been things like tuna and cottage cheese. Breakfast slimfast or weetabix but 1 wasn't enough really. Weight didnt shift at all for 2 weeks was exactly the same number. I have lost just over 2.5 stone in total. I do feel better but the numbers dont come down easily. I went to the gym too early and one of my wounds got infected so I havent started exercise yet. Monday I am starting as I think it is now time and hoping this will help! I have experience reflux and pain of eating too fast which is awful! I thought I was going to choke and die! I know I have to take time out to eat as this mostly happens at work eating at desk! ... really struggling with what to eat in all honesty! Im not eating carbs, potatoes or pasta, I crave protein like nothing else but overall im non plussed by food and I used to enjoy cooking! What is everyone else on proper food now eating for dinners? Any suggestions would be useful. Had my first fill this week. Trying food today so will see if it makes any difference. Im not sure it will think I will need more. Am at 5ml. Don't feel any difference with liquids. Still I am almost 16 stone now and feeling better and also look better. Just hope the scales will move a bit more! Well done july oppers! Claire x

Hi workbear, hey its still a good loss and better than you would have done unaided. Once your body gets a grip of whats happening im sure it will play the game. Ive heard it is a fine balance getting the right fill level so once you get that im sure things will fall in to place. Dont be disheartened...

Hi all ... havent been on here in a while. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Well done! Just a bit of an update on my journey ... bit disappointed about weight loss post op. Was 110 or 111 kg op day cant remember and am now 102 5 weeks post op. Didn't have many problems at all with eating ... my portions have been tea plate size and lunch has been things like tuna and cottage cheese. Breakfast slimfast or weetabix but 1 wasn't enough really. Weight didnt shift at all for 2 weeks was exactly the same number. I have lost just over 2.5 stone in total. I do feel better but the numbers dont come down easily. I went to the gym too early and one of my wounds got infected so I havent started exercise yet. Monday I am starting as I think it is now time and hoping this will help! I have experience reflux and pain of eating too fast which is awful! I thought I was going to choke and die! I know I have to take time out to eat as this mostly happens at work eating at desk! ... really struggling with what to eat in all honesty! Im not eating carbs, potatoes or pasta, I crave protein like nothing else but overall im non plussed by food and I used to enjoy cooking! What is everyone else on proper food now eating for dinners? Any suggestions would be useful. Had my first fill this week. Trying food today so will see if it makes any difference. Im not sure it will think I will need more. Am at 5ml. Don't feel any difference with liquids. Still I am almost 16 stone now and feeling better and also look better. Just hope the scales will move a bit more! Well done july oppers! Claire x
You have done fine without a fill.. It will soon start to drop again now you have had one... Banded is so different food wise to sleeve-bypass after the liquid stage... It's all about chewing your food and trial and error... If I ate something and felt like it wasn't moving through then it would normally find it's way back up again... Don't drink to try and wash it through as that will just make you vomit for sure... I used to drink a few gulps of warm water to dislodge anything that was stuck for a long time just to get it up and out... I too found sitting in certain chair heights at a table uncomfortable to eat when I was banded... Standing and moving about if your uncomfortable can usually be quite helpful... Sometimes my fills would take a few days to kick in properly so be patient ... Also my time of the month made my band feel much tighter for a few days... It's a big learning curve you are on x x

Monday comes around again my weight lose this week is 1.5 pounds not a lot but I am mainly wheelchair bound so I suppose not to bad. I am over half way to my goal weight so that is good I am 22 pounds down since my op 4 and a half weeks ago. I can certainly see the difference and none of my clothes fit ant more.

I am a bit confussed been on puree for two weeks and got to start soft food tomorrow then soft and lumpy food next week but what is soft food if it's not puree or got lumps in it is it just really mashed food ?

Well done on the weight losses going to weigh me later at boots :)

Todays weight - 23 stone 13

Weight loss this week - 4lbs
Weight loss since op - 1 stone 6lbs
Weight loss since pre op - 2 stone 7lbs

Soft is anything mashable with a fork I was told so stuff like steamed fish shepherds pie etc

Monday weigh in

Weight 22 st 1.5lb

Lost since preop 3 st 1lb

List this week 1lb - However, reflecting I've been crap with water/fluid and not been to the loo, plus moved onto soft foods. Plus, the 7lb average was bound to break soon (huff)

First day back at work and my shoes are too big!! Always my feet and boobs are the first to go! Lol ;)

xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-2278668307.jpg
    image-2278668307.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
well done hun :) a loss is a loss x

How are people finding going back to work? I was supposed to do 10 days phased return but my manager pressured me into only doing 3 and then being full time this week. It is killing me!! I am home by 4.30 and as soon as I sit down falling asleep, I'm falling asleep on my lunch break also and I just generally feel exhausted.

So you have a risk assessment that says 10 days phased but you do three and then thats it, sounds like a breach of hr policy and your risk assessment. Its wrong isnt it! Maybe collapse of the floor tomorrow for effect, bet you get your 10 days then.
Ive got 2 weeks off leave then 2 weeks office based duties, hopefully i will be good to go after that.

Back