• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band and band again

sumptuousangel

Hey all,

I had a gastric band fitted in July 2011 and went on to lose a total of 10 stone, but in July this year i had no restriction at all. I went for a band fill and was refused as I should have had 12 mill in a 14 mil band so i piled on a stone and then went for an xray where it revealed there was a leak.

I had to have revision surgery as the port had come away from the tubing. I'm sat on the sofa and very uncomfortable having been sent out with some paracetamol..it was done laprascopic through old scar tissue and under general but not as bad as the first time. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to go through this? or heard of it?

I feel like I am starting the journey again but at least they used the same band and it is now filled with 3mills but got to keep going back for fills again : ( x

Congratulations on your first 10st loss. Proves you can do it, shame about the failure of your tool. But best of luck with your refurbished pre-loved one x

Sorry that you've had a bit of a mare, but it sounds as if it is now sorted to enable you to get sorted and back on track!

Well done on the 10 stone gone :)

Wow, 10 stone - well done! Hopefully now you've had the band fixed the weight regained will soon be a distant memory.

My band leaked at where the port connects to the band. My surgeon said it was a known problem with Allergan band. Despite that, they still wanted paying to fix it even though I was 15 months post-op when it split!

Back