• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a thought on the hairy bikers

Nicola1

on my way
Just an observation... After dieting for many years and becoming familiar with a lot of the jargon it was interesting to see the hairy bikers promote their new diet regime of normal, run of the mill food but with less calories. They suggested that they have lost all of their weight from following their diet of alternative ingredients in everyday foods only. Although I was a little perplexed when they were asked about their weightloss loss on THEIR diet and replied that they were on the re-feeding stage? Call me cynical but when ever I've been on a re-feeding stage it's because I've been on a total liquid diet eg lipotrim etc and not the diet that they promote.
I have also kept my weight loss through my balloon secret from many, although I have not tried to sell a book on healthier eating and dramatic weightloss in 2months when clearly they havent either. I have heard from friend various recipes in their book that sound good and will no doubt buy it, but let's not kid a kidder. If you put yourself up for public scrutiny then let's be honest about it!!!
Just an observation!

Sorry but should had been more open minded and just cause I couldn't do it on my own I should assume others can't sorry....

Last edited:
What exactly are you saying, are you trying to 'out' them as vlc dieters or what exactly?

Are you referring to their tv programme or something else where they have said this?

Refeeding is a term not just limited to liquid or vlc diets.

I have been watching the programme and the recipies look really good, some good advice and some inspiration to boot. Its their business to promote and sell their books /products.

My husband has lost 2.5 stone since I had my surgery just by changing his diet to eating ordinary run of the mill food with less calories, reducing portion sizes, giving up biscuits and increasing exercise, so it can be done. (I am thinking of it as a two for the price of one for my WLS!)

As most of us here now, its not the losing it that is an issue, I expect all of us lost dramatic amount of weight in shortish periods of time in the past ( I did 4 stone in about 5 months for my wedding using the above method), its the keeping it off that the issue. That's hopefully what WLS will enable us to do.

Good for them for getting it off and promoting a healthy sensible rather than diet and good luck to them for the future.

They have been very open about their diet. They have been on around 1200 calories a day and exercising regularly. I would say that for two men starting at over 19st and over 17st their weight loss is in line with their regime. Now they have reached their target they will be building back up to the recommended 2500 calories a day.

I've loved their series and am confident they have nothing to hide. I hope they bring a book out for this series.

I have bought the book and done some of the recipes, they are full of flavour even when blended, and when the recipes are for four, I can easily make 8 meals for myself, and means less calories too! I would recommend this to anyone xx

I've seen it on Amazon for £10.49 although apparently Smiths has t for £7.99. Will definitely be checking it out :)

Back