• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I having too much (cals) too soon?

Natstar

Hi all,

I'm just a bit worried I'm having too many cals at this stage (2 weeks post op tomorrow!) I'm worried that I'm having too many after reading some people's posts when they are early on in their diet. I'm having no issues drinking or getting anything down (other than soup still) but am concerned that maybe I should be having less....?

According to my fitness pal, I'm averaging around 7/800 although yesterday I hit 1000 as I had an extra glass of fruit juice. I'm still on the liquid stage and this is my average diet:

Protein shake
Smoothie
Protein shake
Fruit juice
Sometimes a slim fast* if I feel I need something else in the evening

As well as loads of water and a couple cups of milky coffee each day. I can quite easily drink my 320ml slimfast over 20mins or so....

I've stil got another 2 weeks on the liquid stage so thinking of knocking the smoothie/fruit juice on the head if I'm having too much.

Does anyone have any idea?

Nx

sounds great to me! I try to keep my calories up too, so i dont go into starvation mode. Good luck :) xxx

Thanks caren!

Im hoping once I move onto purée that I'll notice a difference and it won't go down as easily as all these liquids are....if I can get 1000 cals down on liquid easily I'm hoping it won't increase as I move to mush :-s

Thanks caren!

Im hoping once I move onto purée that I'll notice a difference and it won't go down as easily as all these liquids are....if I can get 1000 cals down on liquid easily I'm hoping it won't increase as I move to mush :-s
youll be fine honey, just count your calories and have all your protein first, good luck :) xxx

What kind of fruit juice are you having? If it is no added sugar cordial then there should be barely any calories in them if its pure fruit juice then there are loads of carbs and calories!

I was told ( but this was what i was advised as all different) not to count calories at first.. just concentrate on what you can eat and keep up fluids.
When you get to soft food stage... then to have between 800-1200 cals a day and 60g protein per day. this was my advise xx

Raynebubble said:
I was told ( but this was what i was advised as all different) not to count calories at first.. just concentrate on what you can eat and keep up fluids.
When you get to soft food stage... then to have between 800-1200 cals a day and 60g protein per day. this was my advise xx

I was told the same. Except 800-1000 on e eating and 1200 and upwards for maintenance x

I was told 800 by the time I was 12 weeks, I am now 6 months and have between 700-900 a day. Once you start on more solid proteins you will feel restriction and not be able to get so much down. x

Back