• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just an l&d 2017 newbie saying hi...

Hi all I have been lurking here for a while so I thought i'd say hi. I am with l&d and I am on the last day of my 4 week milk diet and have lost 29lb (2st 1lb)!

Hi @Shr1nking Violet! I've been referred to L&D as well. Well done on your milk diet and even more well done keeping it off with so many parties to attend!

My first appointment with L&D will be on the 9th November. Did they immediately start you off on the milk diet or was there an initial assessment and you were started on the milk diet on a subsequent appointment?

I've got a BMI of 61 (this number doesn't even seem real to me at times :oops:) and high blood pressure so I'm hoping that I'll be on Tier 3 for six months, but I'm not a patient person at the best of times! The waiting is going to be torture!

Hi @Shr1nking Violet! I've been referred to L&D as well. Well done on your milk diet and even more well done keeping it off with so many parties to attend!

My first appointment with L&D will be on the 9th November. Did they immediately start you off on the milk diet or was there an initial assessment and you were started on the milk diet on a subsequent appointment?

I've got a BMI of 61 (this number doesn't even seem real to me at times :oops:) and high blood pressure so I'm hoping that I'll be on Tier 3 for six months, but I'm not a patient person at the best of times! The waiting is going to be torture!

Hi @OkieGirl well done for starting your journey, I hope November comes around quickly for you!

I had my first assessment which was really just a quick weigh in and chat about the process and then was put on the milk diet on my next appointment which was 4 weeks later. You can read my diary that's under the name "bulge to bump" in which I go into more detail about my journey so far. The link is: https://www.wlsurgery.com/threads/bulge-to-bump.162008/

I'm sure they will put you on a 6 month assessment too as you have a BMI of over 50 (I found this scary too) as well as your other health issues.

Also be fair the last 6 months since my initial appointment have gone in the blink of an eye, there is still a long way to go but here's hoping it goes as quickly. If you have any questions or need to chat just let me know :)

Hi @OkieGirl
I had my first assessment which was really just a quick weigh in and chat about the process and then was put on the milk diet on my next appointment which was 4 weeks later. You can read my diary that's under the name "bulge to bump" in which I go into more detail about my journey so far. The link is: https://www.wlsurgery.com/threads/bulge-to-bump.162008/

Thanks for the link! I've been trying to read as many of the diaries as I can but must have missed yours.

I think I'm glad that I'd have a bit more time to wrap my head around what's coming rather than being straight out of the chute, but if they have me back four weeks after my initial visit, that puts me squarely on the milk diet over Christmas! :eek: There's a part of me that is hoping that they wouldn't be as cruel as that, but there's a part of me that's like, "BRING IT!" lol

I suppose, when you think about it, once you have the surgery that's that. You live with the decision on a daily basis no matter the time of year or what holiday it might be. I suppose if I got through the Christmas/New Year period and managed it, it would probably go a long way to showing how much I'm wanting it though.

I'm glad I read this thread. Very interesting reading and very informative. Thankyou

I too am L&D, bmi 41 but I have excessive acid reflux, so would they put me at a 6 month assessment or am I just hoping ;) lol

Thanks for the link! I've been trying to read as many of the diaries as I can but must have missed yours.

I think I'm glad that I'd have a bit more time to wrap my head around what's coming rather than being straight out of the chute, but if they have me back four weeks after my initial visit, that puts me squarely on the milk diet over Christmas! :eek: There's a part of me that is hoping that they wouldn't be as cruel as that, but there's a part of me that's like, "BRING IT!" lol

I suppose, when you think about it, once you have the surgery that's that. You live with the decision on a daily basis no matter the time of year or what holiday it might be. I suppose if I got through the Christmas/New Year period and managed it, it would probably go a long way to showing how much I'm wanting it though.

When I started at L&D , my first appointment was at the beginning of December 2016 and my dietitican said she was not that cruel to put me on the milk diet over Christmas so had to wait till the January appointment. Any questions just ask, there are a quite a few of us on here at L&D at various stages in the process.

Thank goodness for that! If I put my mind to things, I can stick stuff through, but over Christmas on nothing but milk? Yeesh.

Back