• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just back from drs

angelpie

The dr has said that my chest is clear which is good, the bad news is my asthma is very bad which is making me cough.
I have been put on 6 steroids a day for 5 days and have to take my inhalors every hour. the antibiotics I was taking were giving me the runs and sickness and they also caused all the blisters in my mouth.
The pre op diet which I start tomorrow is going to be very hard as steroids make you hungry.
my dr said he thinks I will be fine for surgery in 9 days, so figers crossed.
thankyou everyone for all your kindness and support these last 3 weeks that I have been ill. lol xx

if your dr thinks you will be ok thats a good sign , i really hope you start to feel better very soon x

Hi Karen,

Great to hear your chest is clear. I'm sure you will be feeling much better by the time of your op.

I symphathise with you regards the steroids. I've been on them for over 2 and half years. When I first started them I was on a very high dose 60mg. Within 48hrs of starting them I was constantly hungry. Thankfully they have slowly been reduce and now on 5mg, the same dose as when I did the pre-op diet. I found when my dose got down to below 15mg the hunger was greatly reduced.

Pinkyx

Get well soon <<hugs>> coming your way. Good luck xx

glad chest is ok. your be just fine xx

At least you know what the problem is now and can get it under control hey?
Hope you start to feel better really soon x

Glad your chest is fine and that your Doctors think you will be fine for surgery. Wish you a speedy recovery hun:)

Sharon xx

Glad your chest is now clear. A couple of days of steroids and things should improve big time. My son had 7 lots of steroids one winter for his asthma and they did the trick each and every time. Good news your doctor thinks you will be fit enough for the op so you can stop worrying now (easier said than done I know) and focus on getting well.

Hi hun good positive news from the doc. Was wondering as ur probs are on ur chest maybe u could speak to ur Bariatric team and ask them to swap to the low carb pre op diet instead of the milk diet, the reason i say this is that in ur nose is mucus glands and if u have a cold and drink milk then it enlarges the mucus glands and causes excess phlegm which could make u feel like crap and settle on ur chest so the low carb pre op diet would prob make u feel a whole lot better.
Take care hun and will buzz ya for a natter xx

Glad all seems to be under control. Roch has made a very good suggestion, when you are bunged up the last thing you need is dairy. Try and get the OK for the low carb/fat diet, it will be so much easier especialy as you are likely to have a bigger appetite through the steroids.

Good luck, you'll soon be on the losers bench and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

John xx

The dr has said that my chest is clear which is good, the bad news is my asthma is very bad which is making me cough.
I have been put on 6 steroids a day for 5 days and have to take my inhalors every hour. the antibiotics I was taking were giving me the runs and sickness and they also caused all the blisters in my mouth.
The pre op diet which I start tomorrow is going to be very hard as steroids make you hungry.
my dr said he thinks I will be fine for surgery in 9 days, so figers crossed.
thankyou everyone for all your kindness and support these last 3 weeks that I have been ill. lol xx
Great news re your chest and hopefully the steroids will have you back on your feet. I really hope you will have your op, and that all will be well.

Glad you are on the mend and fingers crossed all will be well for your forthcoming op.

Cuppa xx

Have you tried Appesat, which you can buy in Boots, as that is absolutely brilliant for stopping hunger. Also drink lots of warm drinks too. Keep well!

Back