• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just been refused :(

Sappho

:cry:My GP referred me for TT, thigh lift and arm lift last autumn. The PCT replied and asked for a depression / anxiety test score which I did but there was no problems on that side of things and I have just learnt this morning that I have been refused. Feel so gutted, I dont even know what criteria I didnt meet, just guessing it is because I am not clinically depressed? Got an app with GP in a couple of weeks to see where we go from here but not feeling very optimistic.:cry:

Awww Im really sorry they have turned you down, surely they will have to give you a reason? Maybe the gp will make it a bit clearer for you. I would appeal, there is always an appeals proceedure so its got to be worth a try. Its probably because of all the cut backs in the NHS and we have all been dreading this. I hope you get some answers hun XX

So sorry they have refused you. Hopefully your doctor can put forward a good case for appeal. x

Sorry to here about this lovey...good luck and hoping the doctor can appeal xx

I saw my GP today and asked for a referal for plastics and she told me the last person she refered was refused because the PCT have just changed the criteria from BMI below 30 to BMI 25 So now I have got to lose another 2 stone to qualify.
Hopefully it will just be something like that and you can apply again soon

WM told me when i went to pre op appts that you had to have a BMI of around 28 (i think) to qualify for plastics but all pct's are different..

I hope your gp sorts it and you get what you want xx

I'm really so sorry to hear of your disappointment... it's 'shifting sands' all of the time right now, not a good place when you are trying to move forwards... I wish you all the very best of luck and am sending you a huge hug.... xxx

Thanks for all your well wishes guys. I will let you know what the GP says and hopefully I can appeal x

Had a good chat with my GP. Apparently I was refused on the grounds that you now have to maintain your weight for 2 years rather than the original 6 months requirement. Then it will be a case of reapplying but GP mentioned as I have no mental problems it is not set in stone I would get funding then either. Looks like I need to be patient although I did mention patience was not my best virtue and GP has given me some recommended private surgeons. Will mean another loan though :(

Aww Im sorry its not looking good for the surgery hun, maybe by the time you are ready to apply again the criteria might have changed. Good Luck hun XX

So sorry to hear your news. I hope you can - reapply or appeal the decision. It seems depression makes surgery a medical consideration rather than an aesthetic one?

Keeping fingers crossed for you - you deserve the surgery xx

Aw bless. I think its rotten that you have been refused. After going through everything else that leads to wls, then the surgery is a big step then to do that to you after losing your weight...........keep on trying..........dont give up

Hey there,

Sorry for late reply, I broke my laptop so am only just back on here. I was also refused funding last November by my PCT but also got to see the PS who said I did need the surgery and that they would support me in an appeal but my BMI had to be 25 as it was 27. They also told me the criteria was 6 months?? Hence my next appt is in June. What PCT are you under?

I have been referred for medical reasons though, Do you have any problems with infections etc at all?

Xx

Thanks everyone. I am under Suffolk PCT. I dont have any probs with infections just a lot of skin in the way!

Hi Sappho,

Just wondered whether you have had your appointment with your GP yet and whether you can/will appeal the decision?

Best Wishes,

Em.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You must feel devastated :-( check ur criteria hun i think id be inclined to make it happen especially if you can't afford another loan, may b make your apron underneath sore. Depends on how far you want to go. But i know i wouldn't beable to aford plastics as well as the 10k i'm paying for my op. How much is it bothering you? xxx

Back