• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Better Introduce Myself :-)

Nigglybits

Hi, I have spent several weeks reading all your inspirational stories and experiences and now feel it's time to introduce myself :)

My name is Nat, I am 33 & married with 3 children. I have always been on the larger side but become increasingly bigger after the birth of my children. If I'm honest I think that I've probably just into this viscious circle of getting more and more depressed and conscious of my size, bad so would eat to make myself feel better.
I have tried so many diets, programs etc in the last 7 years but always seem to fail :-( 5 years ago I was prescribed reductil and finally found something that was working for me. I managed to lose 4 stone before the were taken off the shelf :-( Then quicker than it came off it piled on again plus some.
My GP wouldn't support an application for surgery and so for a while I just gave up, sunk deeper into depression and am now agraphobic. Last November a new gp joined our practice and she finally agreed to make a referall :) My first application was refused as the pct criteria in my area (Suffolk) is bmi above 40 plus co-morbs of which I didn't have...... or so I thought!!!!!
After nearly a year of test etc turns out I have sleep apnea and gave just started cpap treatment. My GP applied for funding again last Thursdays so fingers crossed, I also had fresh blood tests done on Thursday which have cone back as high glucose. My only worry now is that the pct have listed severe apnea as a co-morbid and my consultant has diagnosed me with 'at least moderate' so just hoping this won't cause problems.

Well that's my story, so looking forward to updating it with my was journey :) :)

Hi Nat. I am 5 months post surgery and I had severe sleep apnoea. This should not stop you from having surgery, the clinic that gave you the cpap will want to make sure you are stable prior to surgery but thats it as far as I am aware. If anything the sleep apnoea will add weight to the argument for doing the surgery sooner rather than later. I have lost nearly 100lbs and have recently been checked at the chest clinic. My sleep apnoea has gone from severe to mild and hopefully will keep on improving as my weight reduces. Good luck with everything.

Is really encouraging to hear you got somewhere. I am just worried that the pct will use the fact that I am no severe enough to get funding. Really glad to hear yours Is improving :)

Hi Nat , welcome to the site, anything you want to now about WLS ask away, there's nearly always someone who can give you an answer. No question is too insignificant or silly for on here, we've all been through the same struggles or are still struggling through them!
Best of luck on your weight loss journey. :)
Em xxxx

Back