• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Got Back From A & E...(I Might Have Barrats Oesophagus)

Snowcrystal

:wave_cry:Hi Guys:wave_cry:

I have just got back from A&E and I have been told that I might have Barrats Oesophagus...And possibly a ulcer.

I have been getting some terribly excruciating pains in the centre of my chest that radiate through to the my back just under the left shoulder blade. These pains have even woken me in the middle of the night and come on with no rhyme or reason.

I had a Gall Bladder flare up a few years ago and the pain was similar...So I thought that maybe it could be that even though it was somewhat different.

My symptoms were so similar to a cardiac event that the doctor wanted to send out an ambulance...I told them no..(yes, I am a stubborn mooo)...My poor husband was at work, but rushed home to take me in.

I do have reflux but take nothing for it...(silly me)...I used to have meds for it but stopped taking it a long time ago because I was so concerned that at the time I was taking too many meds...Thyroxine, Asacol, Omeprazol, Tramadol...but I was so poorly then...I just wanted to stop taking all that stuff as soon as I could..

Interestingly, the doctor today reckons that this Barrats Oesophagus can be result of being obese...(she was sweet and put it "you are a little overweight").

She was explaining how there is a lot of stress on the stomach and the gastro intestinal bits and pieces.

I have to have a scope (again...hated that...its horrible) to see what's going on now as things could have changed since the last time I had one....they diagnosed an abnormal oesophagus, shiatzski ring and oesophogitis.

Had an xray.....and bloods taken...nothing sinister there....had an ecg and blood pressure...both a little high but considering the pain I had that would be normal....

Anyone have Barrats Oesophagus?...anyone know anything about it?...Have you been told it's related to obesity?

This is so depressing:cry:...how many more ailments am I to develop?

Thanks for listening......(reading)

~X~X~X~

Bless you love, I hope they get it sorted for you very soon xxxxx ((hugs))

my mum and hubby both have it and neither of them are overweight mums caused by helicobacter pylori bacteria treated by long course of antibiotics, an hubbys caused by anti inflammotories during his rugby playing days ,he had an op to tighten valve at top of tum an no more probs.dont take anti nflamotories like nurofen b
ibuprofen or diclofenac they can make it worse as can stress an anxiety so please try not to get to wored up an take care x:character00264:

my mum and hubby both have it and neither of them are overweight mums caused by helicobacter pylori bacteria treated by long course of antibiotics, an hubbys caused by anti inflammotories during his rugby playing days ,he had an op to tighten valve at top of tum an no more probs.dont take anti nflamotories like nurofen b
ibuprofen or diclofenac they can make it worse as can stress an anxiety so please try not to get to wored up an take care x:character00264:

Thank you too Debbiejane.

What you said above was too mentioned by the doctor at the hospital.

As I can't take anti-inflammatory drugs because of colitis they have ruled that out as a cause....

With regards to the Ulcer caused by the helibacter pylori bacteria I will have to have a test for that too.

Does your Mum and Husband have to have check ups every so often now in case of abnormal cell growth?

The doctor did explain well, and printed off some stuff for me but you know how it is...you just need an answer asap.

As I showed no sign of stomach bleeding they allowed me home today and to see my GP asap for a referral.

I should try to be a little more patient.

Thank you again for helping to put my mind at rest.

~X~

Sounds like a very frightening episode Snow :hug99:

Never heard of the condition, but I can empathise with feeling like every time you see a doctor you get diagnosed with a new condition! It's not fun.

Oh Snow you have certainly been through the wringer - hope you can get something sorted soon. Sending hugs with fairy dust to speed your recovery x

Aww snow hope this gets dealt with asap, cannot be fun every time you see a Dr having something new diagnosed

Good luck Hope it's somethin very minor that they can cure with 1 magic pill Or a kiss!
Have this one X

hi snow hope you feeling better today .to answer your question yes they both have checks an no probs have been found,my mum does still take regular meds to control acid though ,think prob you should to sorry if i sound bossy just concerned take care:wavey:

Hi

Thank you everyone for your posts...I am hardly having any pain now so I am a bit more human today...I have now seen the GP and they have requested an urgent scope to see what is going on.

GP had all the notes from the hospital so fast...they are now wondering why this upper gastric problem was not followed up from 4 years ago when they found all the problems I have...things have obviously changed.

If I were a horse they'd take me out back and shoot me!.lol.

I did manage to find out about the referral for the bypass...but I'll post that separately.

Thank you again..means a lot.

~X~

hi snow hope you feeling better today .to answer your question yes they both have checks an no probs have been found,my mum does still take regular meds to control acid though ,think prob you should to sorry if i sound bossy just concerned take care:wavey:

Thank you Debbie

Yes I am feeling a lot better today...just a lingering pain left in my back...but no-where near like yesterday.

What they said today is...that just because I might have Barrats Oesophagus, it doesn't mean I will get the cancerous cells...and that this will now be monitored.

Thanks again.

x~X~x

your pain and problems sound so similar t myn... ive been on medication (nexium) but it doesnt seem t make a difference...lets hope we get sorted soon xxxx the pain and not nowing is waying me down xxx

Hi snowcrystal, I have no idea what your going through but I just wanted to wish you well, hopefully you will feel better soon x x

Back