• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just got my date! 18/7

Cagh

Just got my letter saying my bypass op is in 18/7. Suddenly very nervous but excited. Had a band in 2010 and lost ten stone. Band damaged during second pregnancy. Now have horrific reflux and pain so band being removed and converting to bypass. Struggle to tell people due to negativity but just found this group!

Wishing you all the best!

Be sure to let us know how you're getting on x

Congratulations and good luck x

Just got my letter saying my bypass op is in 18/7. Suddenly very nervous but excited. Had a band in 2010 and lost ten stone. Band damaged during second pregnancy. Now have horrific reflux and pain so band being removed and converting to bypass. Struggle to tell people due to negativity but just found this group!

I just had a mini bypass as a revision to my band, similar story but not the pregnancies and my band was not actually broke. Reflux. You have have my deepest sympathy on that score , I suffered horribly with it. I found I could manage it by omitting certain foods and I was also on a very high dose of Omeprazole. I hope you have something similar ?

Those few weeks will race by. Good luck. X

Fabulous x

Congratulations on getting your date!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks guys! It's been a ride. Paid for my band privately with 3 years aftercare. Still paid for yearly check ups though but company went bust!! NHS wasn't interested despite being pregnant and vomiting blood! My fiery Scottish temperament kept me going back to gp. Eventually chose a newbie guessing they were a little more sympathetic and they referred me for a check up. Needless to say they were shocked I'd been left so long.
Got my op in Portsmouth at last! Dreading the two weeks milk diet! I cannot stand milk unless it's in an extra shot latte!

Back