• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just to make sure !

jonnywin

I have to be completely honest with you all here there no point be anything other then that. Since I had my very first appointment To find out if the surgery was going to be the correct road for me ,
when I decided that it was going to be the right choice for me and having no idea that the process can take a year to get done I haven't exactly been dieting particulay well. I've had. a bit of what they call last supper syndrome any way I digress
I have my surgery booked for the 14 of dec and am due to star the liver shrinking diet on the 1st about a week and a half to day any way I've decided to make a real genuine effort from
Today and lose wright in that week and. Half avd then with the liver shrinking diet I really hope that I'll be able to lose enuf weight to keep them happy because we no whst they are like any excuse to not do the op then they will take it
I hope I have got my point across here and not waffled to much please get back if having similar experience

Hi do you mind me asking how much you have to lose maybe we can give you a few tips on how to lose it fast. You aren't alone with the lay supper I think not people have there last supper night before surgery. But your right any excuse and they may not do it x

Dont do Last Suppers!Its not worth the worry,its only food.Get your head around life is going to be very different for the next few months when it comes to food.Last suppers might leave your liver stiff from glycogen and the surgeon would have no option to leave you not done!One and half weeks should be fine if you do as you are asked.

I haven't ever and still to this point been given any weight loss target in order for them to do the opp all that's been said is try and lose some weight but hang on if we can lose weight and keep it off using conventional methods I wouldbt bee putting my body thru surgery would I but any tips on how i can lose as much as poss in the next week and half after that I'm
In to liver shrinking diet

Asda do there own protein wl drinks. They are very good have 3 a day and as much water as poss. I lost 15 lbs in 6 days. It's a quick fix and not to be done all the time.

Your body will trick itself into thinking its in starvation mode so if you don't drink plenty of water your muscles and organs will retain what you do have so it's very important you drink lots and lots of water. You will get a good weight loss and your muscles and organs will be well feed due to the protein drinks and water.

X

jonnywin said:
I haven't ever and still to this point been given any weight loss target in order for them to do the opp all that's been said is try and lose some weight but hang on if we can lose weight and keep it off using conventional methods I wouldbt bee putting my body thru surgery would I but any tips on how i can lose as much as poss in the next week and half after that I'm
In to liver shrinking diet

Most of us can lose weight. Then the incentive of the op helps us to either maintain that loss or keep going. We owe it to ourselves and to the NHS to make the best of it.

I chose to lose more than the 5-10% most hospitals ask so whenever I am weighed in they are happy and I can afford diet breaks.

Really hope you get to grips with your pre op. Are you more now than when you were referred?

I really wish you all the luck with your pre op and with your surgery xxx

When I finally get my op date, i have decided to start as I mean to go on as they say. I'm not going to indulge in any 'last suppers' my fear would be to introduce any kind of non diet food at this stage of my journey would just be sabotage. I got weighed today and found that I've lost about 17lb in 7 weeks. For me it's a major achievement. I really don't want to have gained by the time I'm get to meet the bariatric team.
Well done to everyone and keep up the good work :)

all that's been said is try and lose some weight but hang on if we can lose weight and keep it off using conventional methods I wouldbt bee putting my body thru surgery would I

Sorry this might be right for you but some of us did follow the advice and instructions from our surgical team and did lose the required weight prior to surgery. I lost 50 lbs pre op and there are many many others who have done even better than I managed to do

I really hope that I'll be able to lose enuf weight to keep them happy because we no whst they are like any excuse to not do the op then they will take it

What utter rubbish. Surgeons want to complete the surgery its what they do. If you fail to follow their instructions and do your bit then that is your fault not theirs. A lady posted on another forum yesterday that because she had failed to lose the weight her surgeon had asked her to lose, he discharged her and refused to carry out the operation. Not because he wanted a couple of hours off work, simply because unless we show them that we are worth the expenditure and investment, why should they spend the money?

Follow the diet you have been given between now and your appointment and hope that the surgeon is satisfied with your weight loss.

Good luck with it I hope you get sorted.

I have to be completely honest with you all here there no point be anything other then that. Since I had my very first appointment To find out if the surgery was going to be the correct road for me ,
when I decided that it was going to be the right choice for me and having no idea that the process can take a year to get done I haven't exactly been dieting particulay well. I've had. a bit of what they call last supper syndrome any way I digress
I have my surgery booked for the 14 of dec and am due to star the liver shrinking diet on the 1st about a week and a half to day any way I've decided to make a real genuine effort from
Today and lose wright in that week and. Half avd then with the liver shrinking diet I really hope that I'll be able to lose enuf weight to keep them happy because we no whst they are like any excuse to not do the op then they will take it
I hope I have got my point across here and not waffled to much please get back if having similar experience

hi hun, the dietician gaveme this advice.... stick to the diet the dietician gives you and you will lose enough weight to shrink your liver... she then said if your liver hasnt shrunk they wont do the op... so that is incentive to keep to the diet.... stick to it and you will be fine.... dont go out and have any last minute binges... so not worth it... if you stick to the diet you will find you are full and not hungry... i take it you will be on a low carb diet... if so... plenty of veggies xx good luck xx
Rayne xx

You could start the liver reduction diet early and go on it now...
xx

Hi Louise,

Jonny started his pre-op diet on the 1st as his surgery is booked for the 14th. I also started the same day although my op is 2 days later.

From what he's posting he's getting on ok with it!!

Tatiana

Sorry this might be right for you but some of us did follow the advice and instructions from our surgical team and did lose the required weight prior to surgery. I lost 50 lbs pre op and there are many many others who have done even better than I managed to do

Karlos,

From what Jonnywin was saying I saw it as meaning he wasn't given a target weight loss amount for his whole pre-op journey rather than for the time he is on his liver shrinkage diet. I have the same thing, my hospital only said I wasn't to gain weight during the process but didn't set any weight loss goals.

Follow the diet you have been given between now and your appointment and hope that the surgeon is satisfied with your weight loss.

Good luck with it I hope you get sorted.

Again, Jonnywin isn't suggesting he doesn't follow the pre-op diet, just that the surgeon is happy with the amount of weight lost while doing the 2 week pre-surgery liver shrinkage diet - something all of us worry about to some degree, especially as we don't want to be that patient who wakes up to be told the liver hadn't shrunk sufficiently to allow the procedure to go ahead.

Tatiana

Thank you Tatiana I'm glad some
One on the site at least grasped what I'm trying to get across

For the rest of you I'm day 4 on my liver shrinking diet doing fine although it is hard but haven't cheated at all

This site is about supporting each other through a hard time not taking a chance to have a cheap dig at Some one just be supportive if you can't be just shut the **** up

any last suppers should be done prior to start of pre-op diet. Please don't risk the surgeon opening and closing you straight back up x

Karlos,

From what Jonnywin was saying I saw it as meaning he wasn't given a target weight loss amount for his whole pre-op journey rather than for the time he is on his liver shrinkage diet. I have the same thing, my hospital only said I wasn't to gain weight during the process but didn't set any weight loss goals.

Again, Jonnywin isn't suggesting he doesn't follow the pre-op diet, just that the surgeon is happy with the amount of weight lost while doing the 2 week pre-surgery liver shrinkage diet - something all of us worry about to some degree, especially as we don't want to be that patient who wakes up to be told the liver hadn't shrunk sufficiently to allow the procedure to go ahead.

Tatiana

My comprehension skills are just fine thanks and I just about managed to decipher what this guy was saying. He insinuated that its not possible for us to lose the oft required weight pre op which is rubbish, the majority of patients manage to lose some weight before their operation. He then went on to suggest that surgeons actively seek reasons not to complete procedures which is also rubbish.

As for what this site is for? well it serves a myriad of functions. Using foul and abusive language is not one of them.

Think I'll be the bigger man and leave you with the last word you clearly need it to feel good about your self good luck with that lol

I took the first comment about if we could lose weight pre op we wouldnt need the surgery the same way sorry.

I still stand by my interpretation, as can't see another meaning. But my response was not meant as nasty. I apologise if my interpretation was totally off. But this can happen with the written word.

I feel this forum is about support, honesty, encouragement, information, laughter, friendship and counselling lol

So there have been times I have been jumped on. But it's the written word. Misinterpretation is too easy :)

Really happy to see the pre op diet is going very well for you Jonny. Roll on the 14th!!! :)

Good luck for the 14 Hun ;) x congrats on ur pre op x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back