• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keep getting the urge!!!!

xxsarahxx

Hi guys...I don't know what it is but i keep getting the urge to start buying smaller clothes for when i've hopefully lost some weight. It's ridiculous really, i'm months away from surgery, not even got a date yet but the idea of actually being able to buy clothes from a shop is soooo exciting. Ive been a size 36 now for a long time and have so many problems trying to get a few tops that fit so i can at least look presentable for work.
I think to myself "sarah stop being so ridiculous and get a grip"
but on the other hand i can't help thinking "well surely i'll get down to a 32, so whats the harm picking a few things up"

Think i've come to conclusion that i'm impatient (hehehe) and just can't wait to be able to have those little things in life that people take for granted x

I think it's a great idea. I used pairs of jeans in one size smaller and just kept trying them on once a week til I was in..then got the next pair down and repeated the process.

Invest in something you love the look of, in no more than a couple sizes down, and hang it where you can see it.

It's a brilliant motivation and so fantastic when you get it on that little bit better each time xxxx

I personally won't be doing this as it would not motivate me. I have a wardrobe full of clothes already that I love and have grown out of so it will be fun going back into them. I was reading on another forum that a sleever lost 3 stones in her first 3 weeks cripes! If weight loss can be that fast you may never get to wear your new top as you will be too small for it!

I'd let myself buy a few but limit the amount. I've had my surgery and losing which is great but I've been looking in the sales for a new coat for next winter, I really don't know where I would be size wise then, I know what I'm hoping to be but rather than be disappionted or buy something too big I'm going to wait to see where I am, but please treat yourself to a couple of things, just don't fill the wardrobe, I'm losing a dress size every 4 - 6 weeks now so you won't be wearing them for long when you do.

Im just enjoying fitting into the new things which have still got tags on which are in my wardrobe. Things that i bought in the sale ages ago what i wanted to slim into but never did.
The tags or off now and im wearing them all. Yipppeeee.

I nearly bought a size 22/24 top from asda yesterday but the neck line didnt hang right.And i was looking at holiday things for Sept but i wont know what size i will be then either. xxxx

I've bought a few since I didn't have a jacket or coat to put on a couple of weeks ago, but don't want to pay the earth if they aren't going to last long.

My Big Sis bought me a beautiful sparkly cardigan for Christmas and I couldn't get my arm into it... and now I'm around 3 inches from wearing it... so it's a wonderful thought, I've kept looking at it, since it's a lovely shade of grey with sparkly hints and a delicate wool, I can't wait to be able to fasten that, and that is one of my goals Angels.

Love to everyone xxx

Obviously the rate of loss is a good decider, as a bander I will be in the smaller sizes for longer, from our point of view it can be encouraging when we don't get the "wow" dramatic pounds falling off as regularly.

Charity shops have nice things for a couple quid , why not try that for a measure...

If I lost all my weight in the first year, I doubt I would have bought anything unless it was my goal size.

the important thing is to do what works for you personally

Neen said:
Obviously the rate of loss is a good decider, as a bander I will be in the smaller sizes for longer, from our point of view it can be encouraging when we don't get the "wow" dramatic pounds falling off as regularly.

Charity shops have nice things for a couple quid , why not try that for a measure...

If I lost all my weight in the first year, I doubt I would have bought anything unless it was my goal size.

the important thing is to do what works for you personally

I'm trying not to get carried away and I think charity shops is an excellent suggestion!

Maybe it's just me, maybe I am getting old but walking around and really looking at the fashionable clothes feels inspiring rather than soul destroying for the first time in years but then I really look and WHAT THE HELL ARE PEOPLE WEARING?! There are some seriously strange styles out there!

I was like that today in Newlook Sarah, but my hubby said 'I hope you don't start to dress like a kid when the weight comes off', I don't want to do that, but I'm just looking forward to be able to walk into a shop and buy something off the rails and not have to go to the outsize part of the shop.:D

P.s has Tracey Lowe give you any indication of a rough waiting time yet??

I would buy 2 lovely blouses in say size 26 and 20,in nice bright pretty fabrics that you might not of bought before,I am only buying 16/18s for later from the market and charity shops or off ebay.Nothing mad just tshirts,blouses and tops.Styles I have always worn but lighter colours and fabrics in smaller sizes!Maz x

I was like that today in Newlook Sarah, but my hubby said 'I hope you don't start to dress like a kid when the weight comes off', I don't want to do that, but I'm just looking forward to be able to walk into a shop and buy something off the rails and not have to go to the outsize part of the shop.:D

P.s has Tracey Lowe give you any indication of a rough waiting time yet??
Yes chick, she said after christmas. Got my first appointment on friday since getting my funding...i'm guessing this is to decide what type of surgery i have....can't bloody wait, i'm getting so impatient lol x

I would buy 2 lovely blouses in say size 26 and 20,in nice bright pretty fabrics that you might not of bought before,I am only buying 16/18s for later from the market and charity shops or off ebay.Nothing mad just tshirts,blouses and tops.Styles I have always worn but lighter colours and fabrics in smaller sizes!Maz x
Hi maz, i bet you are looking a million dollars....do you really think i will ever be a size 20 from a 36...it would be fantastic, but so hard to imagine x

Yes I totally believe one day soon you will slip on a size 20 blouse and say to yourself 'Maz was right!'Believe it Sarah!

Yes chick, she said after christmas. Got my first appointment on friday since getting my funding...i'm guessing this is to decide what type of surgery i have....can't bloody wait, i'm getting so impatient lol x

I can't wait either, 11 months from when I was put on the waiting list I was told, which was the 14th Jan when I saw Dr Kendrick, so should be before christmas with any luck:D, I'm down for the open bypass.

I can't wait either, 11 months from when I was put on the waiting list I was told, which was the 14th Jan when I saw Dr Kendrick, so should be before christmas with any luck:D, I'm down for the open bypass.
Yes, she told me 11 months as well. It's lovely to have someone on here also from walsall. Do you mind me asking what appointments you've had since you got your funding approved and the wait inbetween them x

Hi sarah, my funding was approved october and had my first appointment with dr kendrick the 14th jan, got to go back and see him july cause I had put a bit of weight on since the level 4 finished in march, and thats about all I have, called tracey last week to see if I have any more appointments booked to discus what surgery I will go for, thats when she told me I was put in for the bypass:confused:

Hi

Whats the open bypass??

I bought one smaller thing to begin with, which was in a sale. Then other people gave me stuff, all of which I'm now wearing.
Don't buy too much. I've bought a lot in sales but have quite a few things I've only worn a few times and are now way too big.
Yes, you'll get down to a 20, why not? Believe it and go for it! I've come down 8 sizes in 7 months! It feels fantastic!

Back