• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GinnyWinny's post op diet

Ginnywinny

So I thought it would be good for me to write down what I am eating each day and to share any receipts I make, so here we go. I am 7 days post op today and My surgeon and dietician are a little different because they like you to get on to pureed and mashed much quicker then the norm. So here is the first 7 days and then I will post for each day after that until I or you get bored :)

DAY 1 (Day of Surgery)

No fluids or solids

-------

DAY 2

Allowed to start drinking water at 9am

1/ 10th a plain yoghurt at lunch time

1/2 a plain yoghurt at dinner time

1/2 a plain yoghurt for a snack

1 litre of fluids plus mooring on an iv drip

-------

DAY 3

Most of a plain yoghurt at breakfast

1 melba toast with low fat cream cheese at lunch

Glass of Milk for snack

1 melba toast with low fat cream cheese at dinner

Plain yoghurt for snack

1 litre of fluids

------

DAY 4 (day of flight home)

1/2 vanilla muller light yoghurt at luck

500mls of syntrax nectar (protein powder that is mixed with water)

750mls of water

------

DAY 5

1/2 Vanilla Muller Light yoghurt at breakfast

1 egg scrambled with low fat cream cheese and milk and pureed at lunch

Homemade Broccoli and Sweet potato soup at dinner (see receipe at the end of this post)

400 mls of Syntrax Nectar drink

700mls of water

----

DAY 6

1/3 of a weetabix with milk at breakfast

1/10th of a homemade green smoothie with protein powder for snack

Homemade Broccoli and Sweet potato soup for lunch

Milky scrambled eggs with salmon and spinach pureed for dinner

400mls of syntrax Nectar protein drink
600mls of water

-----

Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli soup

1 head of broccoli
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 gloves of garlic
2 cups of semi skimmed milk
1 table spoon of low fat cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook veg and crush garlic then puree in a blender with the other ingredients.

Delicious and you can add a little fine grated low fat cheddar on the top when serving if you wish.

I'm very confused. Are you on liquids, solids, or purees at the minute?

Well the way my surgeon and dietician do it I have yoghurt the second day which they call liquids and then purees after that for 2 weeks though a can have melba toast because that basically turns to mush in your mouth. Then after 2 weeks its mashed for 2 weeks then a normal diet low in sugar and fats.

I've got so say I have had no problems with it and no dumping

Mind me asking, who did you have your surgery with and how did you find the whole experience? How was the operation and how was it immediately after? How long did it take before you were able to move around? How long were you off work? Sorry for the many questions

Hi Plynch,

I had my surgery in Belgium with Dr Dillemans through The International Surgery Group. The experience was great, only trapped air from surgery and coming around from the anaesthetic were a little unpleasant. I was kept in bed until the next morning after my surgery, though I know a lot of hospitals get you up quicker than that, and was then pretty mobile from then on. I only had 1 night in hospital and travelled back to the UK on my 4th day post op. Travelling wasn't that great but well worth it to have Dr Dillemans as my surgeon.

I work from home so will probably be starting to work again from Monday, 1 week post op but I think 2 weeks off work is the norm.

Hope that helps

Hi Plynch,

I had my surgery in Belgium with Dr Dillemans through The International Surgery Group. The experience was great, only trapped air from surgery and coming around from the anaesthetic were a little unpleasant.

I only had 1 night in hospital and travelled back to the UK on my 4th day post op. Travelling wasn't that great but well worth it to have Dr Dillemans as my surgeon.

Hope that helps

I'm delighted that you had a good experience and that everything worked out well for you.

How has the weight loss been so far? I'm going to have another look at your post about your diet post op.

DAY 7

Breakfast - Milky Ready Brek with purred fresh blueberries

Lunch - Home made Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup with a little low fat cheddar on top

Dinner - Salmon pureed with low fat cream cheese and baked carrots and asparagus pureed

Snack - Milk protein shake with 4 fresh strawberries blended in

500mls of protein water
750 mis of water

Protein for the day 63g
Cals 770

Day 8

Breakfast - Milky Scrambled egg and salmon pureed

Lunch - Home made Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup with a little low fat cheddar on top

Dinner - Baked carrots and asparagus pureed with low fat cream cheese

Snack - Protein milk shake with fresh strawberries and blueberries

500mls of protein water
750 mlx of water

Protein for the day 66g
Cals for the day 850

Back