• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Knickers?

Tyraboots

After an operation would it be a good idea to buy some support pants? I've never owned any. Would it obstruct healing? I know it makes you look flat in the tum. Do any of you wear them now.

Also the anti clotting socks, do you wear them for weeks after the operation?

after the op you will be swollen so support knickers isnt a good idea at 1st, the stockings i wore for a couple of days after the op. your surgeon will tell you how long you need to wear the stockings as they all have diff rules x

Hi hun, I didnt wear any knickers for ages after the op...I rarely do now to be fair, only for work! haha As for the socks, I had to keep mine on for 2 weeks, that was my surgeons advice. As Liz says though - speak to your surgical team x

As for the socks, I had to keep mine on for 2 weeks, that was my surgeons advice. As Liz says though - speak to your surgical team x
2 weeks! OMG!!!

I hope they are better to wear that the standard compression socks you get from the chemist. I have them (for when I have flown) and because my calves are so chunky they are a pig to get on and after a couple of hours they start rolling down which is really uncomfortable! Hope the hospital ones are better!

love

TillyBob

2 weeks! OMG!!!

I hope they are better to wear that the standard compression socks you get from the chemist. I have them (for when I have flown) and because my calves are so chunky they are a pig to get on and after a couple of hours they start rolling down which is really uncomfortable! Hope the hospital ones are better!

love

TillyBob

Haha, they were a pain to get on on the morning of surgery, but the staff knew how to put them on easier (with a plastic bag!) and after that they seemed to get easier each day. I washed them in the washer every 2 days and they were fine....I was dying to get them off in the end though! As well as wearing something other than PJ's! haha

Once you are all healed up suport knickers are a good idea because it will help to meld you skin back into shape. The fat will melt away quickly and you need to support the skin to help prevent a 'saggy apron'. Zxx

never worn holdy inny knickers i was lucky i didnt have to wear stockings either as i was up as soon as i was back on ward i was not given them

hey hun, when i saw kath at the spire she says that she wears gok underwear, she says they are a god send, she had her op years ago but she said the help a lot obvioulsy with extra skin, and gok does do some good underwear, u can see some off his stuff at www.simplyyours.co.uk

Once you are all healed up suport knickers are a good idea because it will help to meld you skin back into shape. The fat will melt away quickly and you need to support the skin to help prevent a 'saggy apron'. Zxx

believe me ive worn support knickers for years suzy and trinny were my best friends as is gok but they aint prevented the saggy apron. lol

I was told to wear the socks for 6 weeks, but have yet to wear support knickers

believe me ive worn support knickers for years suzy and trinny were my best friends as is gok but they aint prevented the saggy apron. lol

Ha ha - I only said it helped. :flirt2: xx

2 weeks! OMG!!!

love

TillyBob

Tilly like you i have chunky calves and the stockings they gave me in hospital was an absolute nightmare to get on and cut through my skin as well, i think the bloke measured me up wrong. x

After an operation would it be a good idea to buy some support pants? I've never owned any. Would it obstruct healing? I know it makes you look flat in the tum. Do any of you wear them now.

Also the anti clotting socks, do you wear them for weeks after the operation?

I have never owned any support pants either and was wondering today if it maybe might be a good idea. As for the anti clotting socks i was told to wear mine for 3-5 days till i was more mobile and i had my operation on tuesday and by thursday i was up and about freely so only put them on when i was watching tv for a lenghtly time, mine were far too tight for my legs i think i got measured up wrong as they started to cut through my legs. X

My Sister told me today that YOURS ( the shop for larger ladies ) does a range of GOK pants starting from a tenner but when i looked online they didnt have them online, maybe they are not putting them online but she said she seen them in there last week, its worth a look, i suppose even a medium control panty girdle would do the trick though which i know Evans do. Hope this helps X

The reason that the long support socks fit better in hospital is that they are measured to fit your legs and come in about 10 different calf and leg length sizes whereas the ones you buy in the chemist don't. And, yes, they are much easier to get on if you use the plastic bag trick!

What is the plastic bag trick? Just so prepared for when get home! Claire, the Gok pants are the best i have some i wear if going some where special and need to pull it in, and they are great! Well worth the investment, but dont put on until healed i would say x

Back