• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

l&d hospital fashion

cancerian02

sorry guys, but could someone tell me, what do you wear to the op table? i know you probably wear their green gown, but is it long (to your ankles or short, is it backless, do you wear a hat and would i need a dressing gown? the reason i am asking, is that i may need to buy a dressing gown and as i dont expose myself now, i dont really want to do it then. lol!:eek: oh! and what about fancy knickers and stockings, do they provide them and do they fit?
i have written l&d because thats where im going and some hospitals might be different, but do tell me your fashions where ever you went!!:D
thanks

you wear a large 10xl gown, and it is backless, and i wore my dressing gown, walked to the operating theatre, took my dressing gown off and slippers, then get onto the table, and they undo the back and leave it losely layed over you, im sure when your asleep they take it off, and lay a sheet over you, you wake up in recovery with your gown back on.

The gown is 3/4 lenght, but you will have sexy stockings on as well lol

I didnt take a dressing gown as it was very hot when I had my op and only had a winter dressing gown. I was lucky the hospital gown was big on me and wrapped round me well, if they dont fit they give you another one to wear back to front.

DIfferent for me. The 'gown' was enormous, they 'said' they only had the one size. It was sooooo big i had trouble keeping it from falling off the shoulders. I was told to fasten it at the front. I had all the IV's put in while i was still awake and wearing the gown so im guessing they un-tie it and re-tie after.... Walked to the surgery without my own robe but was told i could wear it if i was more comfortable

I worred what i would look like when they did the op, but it was a good job i was asleep, they prob see it all the time x

Back