• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

l&d hospital wards

cancerian02

hi everyone, could you tell me, what are the wards like in l&d hospital, for wls patients. do you go on a general ward or do they have their own obesity ward. what are the facilities like and are the loos and showers clean? im sure they are, but i have a thing about using general public bathroom facilities. thanks

I went straight to ward 22 no HDU for me, it was clean they do have extra wide chairs and commodes if needed. I found the bed comfortable as you can put it any position you want for comfort

ooh thanks, but what is hdu? and ward 22, seems mostly used. is it a mixed (sexes) ward and how many beds are there? thanks again. just being curious as ive never stayed in a hospital before.

HDU - high dependancy unit.
Ward 22 has bays of 6 beds and each bay has single sex in it.

I went straight to ward too no hdu for me, I was only there for 1 day and was then transferred to a private hospital because they needed the beds on the ward so I didn't complain I got my own private room with bathroom, but I wouldn't have had a problem staying on the ward the staff were very friendly and helpful

Back