• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lansoprazole

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals

Well I been back to the docs this morning as I still having trouble with me acid reflux, I was originally on ranitidine 2 tabs daily and docs have now changed it too Lansoprazole 2 tabs daily, I really do hope these ones work coz its getting beyond a joke tbh.

Sometimes I been waking up vomiting instantly ( soz for tmi) acid, sometimes even vomited in my sleep:eek:, followed with lots of coughing ( dry and wheezy chest) and lots of sleepless nights. Been told to give it a week and if no change need to go back.Mind u the doc did made me laff , He knows I have had wls and told me to eat small meals , lol.....Told him I cant eat large meals anyway, but advised me to eat smaller ones and more often...... Can someone please shed any light on these, I know a few of you have been/are on them. Thanks in advance for reading xxxx Luv 2 all - Mwah xx

Most bypassers get put on Lansoprazole Julie, but Im not aware that banders are routinely put on them - but can see that they would be prescribed to someone for whom stomach acid is a problem.

Not being an expert on banding, can excess acid sometimes be a sign of over restriction?

Most bypassers get put on Lansoprazole Julie, but Im not aware that banders are routinely put on them - but can see that they would be prescribed to someone for whom stomach acid is a problem.

Not being an expert on banding, can excess acid sometimes be a sign of over restriction?

Hiya sam, yes it can be a sign, I do not have no trouble eating or drinking what so ever and I keep it down everytime, if I didnt/couldnt alarm bells would ring and would know its too tight (not needed a fill since feb this year:)) that is why I posted on here for advice etc. ty for your post though xx

No worries hun. Fingers crossed the lansoprazole will work for you x x

I was put on it the day after my surgery, origionally it was a (fastab) melt in the mouth strawberry tablet, but I didnt get on with them, so my doctor has put me on a capsule version.

I have had no problem with these at all.

Hope it helps to settle your tum down.

Julie I cant remember if you said you suffered with reflux before the band.

Is it worth discussing it with your team to establish if it is band related?

One of my younger brother suffers with it but thankfully controls it now with a modified diet plus tablets.

Not nice, so I hope these tablets help xx

Gp's are not properly clued up on wls, as the others have said you need to see your wls consultant to get band problems ruled out then what ever the problem is it can then be delt with properly, good luck i hope you can get it sorted soon x

I agree julie see your provider on another forum there is a guy who lost all his weight got to target then gained 10lb back so had a small fill to get weight back under control....he had not had any problems with keeping food down or vomiting or anything but one night started getting symptoms out of the blue when he had a barium it showed he has a dilated oesophagus and was in danger of slippage so had to have complete defill he was gutted and mistified as he had had no problems at all and was told the damage had been there quite some time!! be careful xx

Hello Thanks for your support ppl, I have decided to be on the err of caution and have rung my provider and asked them to call me back, I am going to ask them to check me over, best to be safe then sorry , thanks once again xxx

Hiya Guys and Gals

Well I been back to the docs this morning as I still having trouble with me acid reflux, I was originally on ranitidine 2 tabs daily and docs have now changed it too Lansoprazole 2 tabs daily, I really do hope these ones work coz its getting beyond a joke tbh.

Sometimes I been waking up vomiting instantly ( soz for tmi) acid, sometimes even vomited in my sleep:eek:, followed with lots of coughing ( dry and wheezy chest) and lots of sleepless nights. Been told to give it a week and if no change need to go back.Mind u the doc did made me laff , He knows I have had wls and told me to eat small meals , lol.....Told him I cant eat large meals anyway, but advised me to eat smaller ones and more often...... Can someone please shed any light on these, I know a few of you have been/are on them. Thanks in advance for reading xxxx Luv 2 all - Mwah xx
Ranitidine is a different type of tablet and its an acid antagonist and works by sort of neutralising acid where as the lansoprazole is an inhibitor to reduces the amount of acid produced in first place.
As for coughing thats because some acidic contents from stomach have entered airway and is irritating it, this can be quite dangerous in some cases especially if you are sedated by medication/alcohol and don't wake easily because it can lead to aspiration into lungs and pneumonia.
Try sleeping on extra pillows and stop eating/drinking at least 2 hours before bed to reduce reflux.

Back