• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well it turns out you and i was right

pinkylin

I was lacking in b12 and iron im not very impressed with my docs or the hosp as both had done bloods and never told me this was what was wrong i went the docs for antidepresents on monday coz i felt like i couldnt cope no more with things and while i was there he sed to me the reason u feel like this is coz ur b12 and iron is low i was like what the ???? so hes gave me b12 tabs and 2 irons tabs a day im only takin one coz they bung me up and ive already got ibs so erm dont want it worse lol

But at the mo i still feel really crappy i havnt been in col all week ive just not wanted to go in i feel so low tired achy weak breathless still heart palps every now and then which make me feel dizzy and headachy im just hoping these tabs will kick in soon coz i hate feeling like this its doin my head in so if any of you ever feel drained get ya docs coz u might need b12 and iron like me lin.x:sigh:

Aw bless you. You probably need Vit B12 injections: faster into the system and we find it difficult to absorb vit b12 orally. Maybe worth asking your GP to organise.

Stupid hospital! but I'm glad it's run the problem to ground!
Hope you feel better soon. xxxx

I agree with Charis, Vit B12 injections would be far more appropriate...you should be having them every 3 months from about 6 months post-op...I would suggest go back to see your Dr. Try & eat iron-rich foods if you can't get on with the tablets, hope you feel a bit better soon xxx

also try movicol to help bowels rather than cut don on iron. You need it girl!

How naughty of the hospital, hope you start to feel much better xxx
I've been for my 6 wk check up today and i was given a B12 injection. Apparently its a new thing, love and hugs xxx

Oh dear how naughty, lets hope you start to fee bettr soon.

thanx everyone if i do go bk to docs and ask for b12 injection will they give me it in the surgery or will i have to go to the hosp to get it as for the iron tabs im suposed to take 2 a day and at teh mo im only taken one and im feelin so sik with them already my tummy makes all sorts of growling noises through the day with them and my tummy last night had strange griping pains like i was goin to have the runs but nothin happened i did take one spoon of lactalous ystday but ive had that b4 and im fine with it so i knw it wasnt that but havin sed that i still havnt been the loo and im feelin bungd up now not gud i hate feelin like this lin.x

Could be the iron, but I'm fine with it at the mo. But of course everyone's different. I think movicol works well and is quite gentle.
Re: Vit B12...you get it on prescription and then your practice nurse does the injection. It stings quite a lot but not for long, it's just a jab in the arm.

You'll probably feel tons better quite quickly after having it. x

thanx charis i will ring docs in teh morn and ask them over the phone coz i really need to start feeling better quick its wreakin havoc wid my day to day life ive not been in college all wk i did try to go ysday but felt to ill and had to come home thought i was goin to colapse at one point anyway how r u feelin now chic you sound like your doin ok.xx

thanx charis i will ring docs in teh morn and ask them over the phone coz i really need to start feeling better quick its wreakin havoc wid my day to day life ive not been in college all wk i did try to go ysday but felt to ill and had to come home thought i was goin to colapse at one point anyway how r u feelin now chic you sound like your doin ok.xx

Its a slow old journey Lin to be honest. I'm a bit better but very, very weak and spending 85% of my time resting in bed still. I've just started managing to eat a little bit more this past few days, but still struggle with fluids...hopefully I'll get better soon. Thanks for asking and good luck with your vit b12 injection. xxxx

i felt the difference with my b12 injection quite quickly, i couldnt tell you when exactly it kicked in, but i realised about 10 days after id had it, that i didnt feel as tired, and i had a bit more energy, so i dont know exactly how long it took, lol, but ive noticed im starting to feel quite tired again, but im not due for another month yet, hopefully ill last out till its due. i was told that we cant absorb b12 when taken orally, thats why we get short of it in the first place. as for iron tabs, for some reason every time i take them i feel really ill and sick, so dont bother now, but there is iron in the forceval so at least i get that, but if i dont take that with a meal, i feel really sickly too. im just weird i think. good luck with getting it sorted out huni, hugs xx

awwwwwww hun i hope it all gets better for ya soon its a tuff old journey that wer on isnt it thanx hun i will lets yas all now how i get on lolz you take it easy hun and just try and sip sip sip as much as pos hun i knw its hard hugs.xxxxxxx

thanx dawny well im defo ringin docs tnmoz no wories there and im demanding the injection lol as for the iron i dont knw what im goin to do there but i will just take it day by day at the mo i think i might even just take half tmoz lol

've just begin taking iron again as I was so scared it might mess up my bowels. But I've been eating a fair amount of fruit every day, and I'm delighted to say all is normal despite iron!
Also Vit C is essential for absorbing iron so it's all good!

thanx charis maybe i should start takin a vit c tab aswell lol i knw rattle when i walk down the road with all he bloody tabs im takin pmsl

thanx julie hun need it tday i feel really really weak tday just waiting for the docs to open again so i can ring and see if i can get the b12 injection cant take no more of feeling this way i feel so fekin ill i sed to hubby i feel like i need to be in hosp and put on a drip i feel so ill

Lin, if you are already low in B12 then you will need a course of injections (for example one per week for 4 weeks) followed by 3 monthly for the rest of your life. Your GP is not looking after you properly just giving you tablets! Pernicious Anaemia is serious and a real risk post op as we cannot absorb B12 orally.

With the iron, have you tried ferrous fumerate instead of ferrous sulphate? A lot gentler on the stomach.

Yes its ferrous fumerate I take too Shel. How are you Lin? Did you get any help from your GP pet?

Back