• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thank heavens for small mercys

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals,

Hope e1 enjoying the sunshine today, I have been getting a lot of acid reflux lately ( for 3 weeks) to the point of vomiting ( soz 4 tmi) up acid in me sleep and choking on it,I tried antacids, rennies, Gaviscon, sleeping upright, cutting out spicy things etc with no effect, anyway after 3 weeks of sh**ty sleep or no sleep I went to the docs ( I know I should have gone sooner:rolleyes:) and he has sent me for bloods,urine and No2 samples) and he gave me Ranitidine(Zantac) (300mg daily) OH BOY first nite of taking these (wed)and I slept right through and no acid , I can't believe what a difference 2 tablets a day make, I feel like a new woman, 2 nights sleep in a row, lol..........My only regret is that I never went sooner - My message for ppl today is - Don't do what I did ( Suffer in silence) get ya backside to the docs lol xxx Thanks in advance for reading xxxx

Glad to hear that you're getting some relief!

I know just what you mean tho. I've had indigestion/acid for the past couple of months - tried all the off-the-shelf stuff without any success. Have just finished a course of meds for the doc .... and still have it! Have had the blood test for HPylori bacteria but that came back negative so not sure what the next steps are. Have cut out coffee/tea and strong foods (not that I have much of that as OH only likes plain cooking). Going to see GP on Monday to see what else can be done.

Erk - that sounds horrid :-( Glad you finally found something that works!!

I'm quite worried about something like that happening after my op - I have a hiatal hernia atm which means lots of reflux/heartburn (though this should be getting repaired when I get banded) and had gastritis and a stomach ulcer as well (though gone through treatment for that which has hopefully lessened if not cured it)

I still get problems if I have "trigger" foods, though that's probably more to do with my IBS than anything. Zantac is fantastic stuff and used to get it from the docs, though I'm now on omeprazole to try and stop the acid build-up.

I'm really hoping that losing weight will help with some of this :-/

I have took omeprozole for years, can't cope one day without them. People don't understand what misery it is to suffer everyday :(

That must have been horrific! I suffered slightly before my op, and found out it was due to a hernia. Since surgery i'm ok though. So pleased you are sorted. x

Back