• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap Band Help Birmingam

Patsy

Hi All,

I need some advice/guidance and hope one of you lovely members can help me:D.

Have been to see me Dr today who has referred me to the hospital for a gastric band (I come under Sandwell PCT).

I assumed I would be sent to Walsall, but have been referred to City Hospital Birmingam - I wasn't aware they did this kind op there is this correct, and has anyone actually had this type of Op there.

Thanks all,;)

:welcome: Patsy. I don't know about City Hospital (which is used to be Dudley Road, Dee), but they band at Heartlands. According to the BOSPA website, Dr. Paul Super is the bariatric surgeon there.

:welcome: Patsy. I don't know about City Hospital (which is used to be Dudley Road, Dee), but they band at Heartlands. According to the BOSPA website, Dr. Paul Super is the bariatric surgeon there.

Soz Red just read my crappy typing and meant havent heard if City do GB's not havent heard of hospital (was up there Mon with my dad for 5 hours!!!) So def heard of it!. lol

Dee xx

Thanks for the replies.

I was a bit sceptical aswell, never heard of it being done at City (Dudley Rd that was lol).

I live in West Bromwich, so assumed that I would be Manor - am VERY confused.

My Dr says that its a lady Dr who performs at City - but haven't seen anything when doing internet searches:(.

Thanks for the replies.

I was a bit sceptical aswell, never heard of it being done at City (Dudley Rd that was lol).

I live in West Bromwich, so assumed that I would be Manor - am VERY confused.

My Dr says that its a lady Dr who performs at City - but haven't seen anything when doing internet searches:(.

I'll do some digging for you.

Dee, lol! I should've known! :D

I didnt think City did it either! Perhaps they have just started, cuz its all been revamped has'nt it? Whereabouts in West Brom are you chucks I live by stone cross.

Hi Waynetta, I live near West Brom town centre, so we're not too far from each other;).

I'm assuming it may be new or a close kept secret, I rang City Hospital today and found out that yes they do carry out bariatric surgery at City (that surprised me), and the Dr that I am due to see is called Dr Basu (male I believe).

I'm just apprehensive about what kind of questions I will be asked at my first appointment, and whether I'll get the go ahead.:confused::sigh:

Hi Waynetta, I live near West Brom town centre, so we're not too far from each other;).

I'm assuming it may be new or a close kept secret, I rang City Hospital today and found out that yes they do carry out bariatric surgery at City (that surprised me), and the Dr that I am due to see is called Dr Basu (male I believe).

I'm just apprehensive about what kind of questions I will be asked at my first appointment, and whether I'll get the go ahead.:confused::sigh:
You will be fine, I'm sure chucks, just be truthful and tell him exactly how being overweight is effecting your whole life, physicially and mentally.
Does city do bands and bypasses? When is your appointment Patsy?

Maybe they have just been awarded a contract to do it. It's the time of year for new tenders * contracts to be signed etc. The PCT I work for works with City for diabetes and intermediate care.

Get his full name and do some research on him!

Back