• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lap band post op diet

deedee68

hello,
im looking for some advice. I had my lap band op last tuesday 7/7/09 and altho so far no probs, i am confused about what i can have to eat. so far i have been having a slimfast shake in the morning and then just clear soups, water and fruit juice (sugarfree). However i have just read that i am not supposed to drink tea or coffee for several months post op. is this the case, because i have been having the odd cup of black coffee and tea, (small cups). help lol:wave_cry:

Hi

Post op you should follow your providers advice. The advice given varies between providers but unless you have been told not to have tea or coffee I cant think why you shouldnt have it.

I was told to have 250mls of either slim fast, soup, smoothies, yoghurty milk shakes etc 4 times a day with plenty of water or low cal drinks inbetween.

Go back to your diet sheet and have another read or phone your provider to check if your concerned or dont understand anything.

Good luck, Maz x

Back