• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

last minute wobbles

perkyprincess

hi

im having one of those weeks. im due to start my pre op diet on saturday and its all becoming very real. im so very excited about this amazing opportunity but im so so scared.

im having a bit of a bad time at the mo it seems that people who were supportive at the start of this journey have now changed thier minds now they can see how very serious i am about doing this. i feel like they have just been humouring me. its like they thought i wouldnt go through with it and they are doing their best to try and change my mind. its just such a shame cos i could really do with their support right now.

i have my pre op assesment on wednesday, not really sure whats gonna happen there but cant be any worse than the endoscopy. they have me all in a pickle up at sunderland i didnt even know about this appointment until lunch time today when i called the hospital to ask about it, they then also told me that they have changed my surgeon im not bothered about this as long as i get my op its just a little un-nerving that they keep changing stuff on me and leaving things till the last minute to tell me.

last minute wobbles i know and i know everything is gonna be fine just wanted to a little write. thanks for reading.x

hey princess, i had a similar experience.

You need to remember they're probably really worried about you. Youve done lots of research into WLS etc and they havent. I think its just fear making them act like planks hun.

cant help you with the sunderland stuff - happy your date will be soon though!

x

Hang on, it will all sort itself out in the end.
Lynne x

You'll be fine hun. Those worries are only normal, it's becoming a reality now. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks, this is your journey, you've done your research and you know what you are doing, you are helping yourself and you should be proud for taking that decision.
At my hospital, you meet the anaesthetist and the nurse at the pre-op assessment. They do a swab of the inside of your nose and your groin area to check for infections, they talk to you about what happens on the day of the op, how to prepare, breathing exercises, previous surgery history.. all that kind of stuff. Nothing scary at all.

Chin up girl.. you're nearly there x

Ewwww!! A swab in the groin area? What for?

I know the one in the nose is for mrsa but never heard of the groin one. I'm not looking forward to that lol.

Lynne x

dont worry its normal to feel like that its the exact feelings i had last week.

i had my pre op yesterday and it was fine, Denise off this forum ended up beign my pre op nurse and made me feel very at ease - thanks Densie . its simple a few questions, some blood taken and blood pressure done. had 3 mrsa swabs done - 1 up nose, 1 back of throat and the other that lvely but between your bum and lady bits - you do this one yourself in the toilet. then a ecg which takes minutes and then the dreaded weight, i was so pleased as i lost another 24lbs since last appointment .

the worst bit was the fact i was sure i had been sent to the wrong waiting area as it said head and neck pre assessment.

whos doing the op now? they changed mine from mr small to mr schroder - i dont mind who does it

just go with the flow and the time will pass really quickly. i had even found the pre op diet to be really easy and have lost 13 lbs in a week. you will be fine xxxxxx

Hi - you will be fine. I wobbled all the way from taking the decision to the operating table but I am so so pleased I went ahead. Just done a new thread on the diary page as I am six months out and I could not be more pleased with my life.

Grasp this opportunity with both hands and cherish it.

Good luck on your journey xxx

Hi iv got my op 16th April iv started my pre op diet iv got pre op appointment Monday and like u I'm having last minute worries thinking am I doin the right thing?? I think the feelings normal but I still worry :-( excited but nervous, good luck with ur journey xx

Hi Princess
I notice your op is 30/3, have you a date for your pre op?
I am on leave after Friday for 2 weeks after so it will probably be one of the other girls and they will look after you.
Don't let anyone try to put you off you have come this far and it will be done before you know it.

Chris
It was great meeting you finally and pleased my approach put you at ease, the weight loss was brill, don't worry Mr Schroeder is really nice as well. Best wishes for Sunday.

Denise

dont worry its normal to feel like that its the exact feelings i had last week.

i had my pre op yesterday and it was fine, Denise off this forum ended up beign my pre op nurse and made me feel very at ease - thanks Densie . its simple a few questions, some blood taken and blood pressure done. had 3 mrsa swabs done - 1 up nose, 1 back of throat and the other that lvely but between your bum and lady bits - you do this one yourself in the toilet. then a ecg which takes minutes and then the dreaded weight, i was so pleased as i lost another 24lbs since last appointment .

the worst bit was the fact i was sure i had been sent to the wrong waiting area as it said head and neck pre assessment.

whos doing the op now? they changed mine from mr small to mr schroder - i dont mind who does it

just go with the flow and the time will pass really quickly. i had even found the pre op diet to be really easy and have lost 13 lbs in a week. you will be fine xxxxxx
Blimeey 24lbs you have been a good girl!

you will be fine! The diet i found was hard for the first couple of days (milk diet) but i don't even think about it now. And your friends and family will just be worried for you that's all, it's understandable! so best of luck!!!

Hi and good luck, the swabs they take are to check for MRSA and its literally just putting a cotton bud up your nose and another they wipe over the groin area (the bit between your crutch and top of the leg) so nothing bad ;)

hi everyone,

well i had my pre op on wednesday and the lady was lovely she talked me through everything and was even gentle taking my blood. i have lost a further 10lbs since i was last there so i was pleased with that. my bloods came back yesterday and my potassium levels were low so im off to the docs today to get some potassium tablets nothing for me to worry about though. thank you for all your kind words and encouragment it means a great deal to me there is always some one on here you can turn to for support. i start my pre op diet tomorrow so did all my shopping yesterday the lady in tesco looked at me like i was crazy well i did buy over 20 pints of milk lol. im in a much more positive place today and focused on the next week ahead.

thank you.xxx

Back