• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band being done 2nd of august 2013 and im nervous as hell

Gregorsneddon

Im having my band fitted in less than 2 weeks and im feeling pretty nervous. I have been reading alot of the stories online and they give me great hope that I can lose the 9 stone that I need to lose. I know its going to be a long journey but I know this is my last chance. I really hope I dont screw this up. Wish me luck for when my journey begins on august 2nd 2013.

Hi

I had my band fitted on Tuesday (THG) Everything went well. I am still sore and I have found it hard not to gulp down my liquids, I know when I have because its quite painful.
I know its hard not to be nervous, but you will really be fine.
Keep in touch
Kerry

its natural to feel that way :) I've had my band for 11 months this week and have lost 9 1/2 stone. Still have a way to go, and its not always easy, but its changed my life :)

Hey kerry which doctor did you use?? Yeah hoping it will change my life aswell. I have a 7 month okd son and I want to be around to see him grow up. People say im putting myself at risk having major surgery but the dont realise the risks of being 25 stone with a bmi of around 44.

People will comment but they often comment without understanding how much of a battle it can be, being overweight etc. This was one of the reasons I told so few people about my band, because its really none of their business. I was 24 stone when I had my band fitted last year, over 9 1/2 stone down now and my son was my motivation, he's 12, but I wanted to be there for him growing up, I didnt want him to be bullied for having the fattest mum . . .and he continues to be my motivation even at the times when its not easy . . .(and it can be hard!) but it can be a wonderful tool if we work with it and hugely life changing :) it sounds like you have a positive motiviation too and as my provider said the first time I saw him, if I carried on as I was, I'd be dead anyway! A blunt approach but one that really made me think!

Hi ladies.

I'm new to site and have op date of 13 aug at Dolan park. 25st (tho now 24 3.5 since starting pre op diet) and bmi 50!!!
Great inspiration hearing others that are or were same size an on same scary ride! X

Hi. I'm having my band at Dolan Park on 15 Aug. feel like you do! Nervous but excited. We will have to support each other on this journey. ?

Don't worry about being nervous - it really is natural BUT (stern school teacher head on now) you need to be positive.

You can and will succeed. You will not screw it up. Spend the next two weeks saying to yourself 'I can and I will do this' . Xx

Hi

I had Alan LI. Its been a week today and I must admit I feel lots loads better now. Going back to work early was a big mistake tho, take as much time off as you can. I only had 3 days off.
I have lost 1 stone 2pounds in two weeks, but I am expecting to put on a little when I am on mushy/solid food. My provider said this is common until I start having fills. My first fill is on 20th August xx

Having a bypass, but also doing it in part because of my daughter. Good luck with your band! But I know the feeling, this waiting is killing me!

I had my band done at Dolan Park on 21-7-13, they were good as good. The shoulder pain is getting me down a bit and its hard to judge how fast to drink liquid, im in agony if I drink too fast. You got told how to eat and what size but not for swallowing drink :/ how much is a " small sip" lol.
Since starting pre op diet on 10/7 I've lost 20lb .

Oh good luck, I'm having my band fitted on Tuesday. Yes it's a long journey, not a quick fix, but you can do it. Keep telling yourself that and reminding yourself why you're doing it, and let us know how you get on.

Band fitted with no problems with a 4mm fill. Doctor said my liver was in perfect condition very small and not fatty at all. Infact he was rather surprised. Plenty peppermint tea helps the wind. Had a yogurt for breakfast this morning and was full after it. Staff at dolan park couldnt be friendlier.

Great news & welcome to the new you :)

Back