• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter from Chichester

Spikeyjaycee

Well I know the post is slow and there has been industrial action but............

I have just received a letter from Chichester from Janet the psychologist thanking me for attending my appointment with her on 18 August and wishing me well for the op. Now the letter is dated 24 AUGUST and the postmark on the envelope is 17 SEPTEMBER. Has it been sitting in a sorting office all this time or did the admin at the hospital forget me until my doctor contacted them and it triggered the mistake?
Anyway, now I have that letter perhaps now my pre-op letter will follow shortly.
Unfortunately, yet another example of the poor performance of the administration at the hospital.

I know why you are so concerned!!!

The date on the postmark will be the date that the letter was actually put into the post.

Recently some 1st Class letters delivered here (South London) are taking about 7-10 days to arrive when they usually take 1 day :eek:. (It recently caused some potentially serious problems when I nearly missed my appointment with the surgeon :eek::eek::eek: and my OH actually received an appointment to have a follow-up examination after his ongoing post-op infection the day AFTER the appointment)

I am with Kings College and, I have to admit, that sometimes they are slow in getting letters typed up to send out anyway. I have had a couple of post-appointment letters (including the one about the results of my 1st appointment and MDT meeting) that have taken 3 weeks+ to make it from doctor to secretary to typed page :eek:.

When you add this to the delays caused by the mail strikes, no wonder I have no fingernails left ;):D

Hope you get your date very soon.

love

TillyBob

mine was dated 28th aug saw her 21st august received it on thursday.
and mine was a bunch of lies that i didnt even agree too.xx

Well I know the post is slow and there has been industrial action but............

I have just received a letter from Chichester from Janet the psychologist thanking me for attending my appointment with her on 18 August and wishing me well for the op. Now the letter is dated 24 AUGUST and the postmark on the envelope is 17 SEPTEMBER. Has it been sitting in a sorting office all this time or did the admin at the hospital forget me until my doctor contacted them and it triggered the mistake?
Anyway, now I have that letter perhaps now my pre-op letter will follow shortly.
Unfortunately, yet another example of the poor performance of the administration at the hospital.

Sounds to me like she already had the letter ready for her approval before you had your appointment...as your appointment with her was on the 18th and the post mark was the 17th...weird!

But more important is the fact that you passed for surgery...woohoo...well done.

(((hugs)))

Well it makes sense now the reply Christine sent me:

"You will be sent a letter from your appt with the clinical psychologists
in the first instance. Will send letter asap
"

That was on 4 September!

have u seen the dietician yet? i was unfortunate enough to have to attend again and the last time i went was on 13th July and i'm now waiting for the pre-op. God waiting is so boring! lol xxx the postmark is when it got to the sorting office so that will be the hospital not posting it. IDIOTS!!

have u seen the dietician yet? i was unfortunate enough to have to attend again and the last time i went was on 13th July and i'm now waiting for the pre-op. God waiting is so boring! lol xxx the postmark is when it got to the sorting office so that will be the hospital not posting it. IDIOTS!!

I've seen the dietician, psychologist and anathatist so hopefully the next time I go will be the pre-op - fingers crossed.

Back