• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update

Spikeyjaycee

Hi guys
Just got back from my appointment with the psychologist at St Richards - Janet - who was lovely. We spoke about my history with food, childhood, relationship with food now etc and how I am going to cope without food as a 'crutch' to rely on and so forth. She said I had filled in my questionnaires eloquently (Had to ask hubby what that meant!!! Clearly, honestly and precise is the answer) as well as my food diary for the week. She has no hestitation in receommending me for the surgery so its all systems go now.
HOWEVER, I am going to make a complaint to the PALS section. Basically the letter sent to me with the appointment said it was being held at the Chichester Suite Ward consultation rooms. So friend and I trapse all over the blinking hospital trying to find this place. Bearing in mind the map that was sent shows there is a Chichester Suite and a seperate Chichester Treatment Centre, both in different places. So first we go to one and get told, no its the other. So we got there and get told, no you need to go back to the other (we've just come from there!!!). In the end we went to main reception who tell us its at the Loxwood Centre (where I've been before) so we had to get out the hospital, walk all the way round to the front and on to the Loxwood Centre. It was a hot and sunny day and by the time we got to the Loxwood Centre I had got hot and bothered and I said to the lady in the reecption area at Loxwood that if it was the wrong place I was giving up and going home!
Now I know St Richards has a marvellous reputation for its surgery staff but the administration is failing considerably. WHY couldn't someone have rung me beforehand to say the appointment had been moved? I think my blood pressure was through the roof after that fiasco! I actually think it needs addressing and I intend to complain.
Has anyone else had a similar problem or is it just me? I would be interested to hear from others.
Right, I am off now to write my complaint!!!!:mad:

it appears that the appt's were changed to the loxwood suite just before my pre op in march. i was told over the phone as appt for op was short notice that it wasnt in the treament centre but now in the loxwood centre. glad it went well for you at the appt and sorry to hear you're having issues with the admin. good luck with the rest of your journey hopefully that will be trouble free.

mine says chichester suite oh god now where do i go?

Pleased it went well. Janet is lovely - I am seeing her again on Friday - i have been told that the appointment is in the Chichester Suite (and they usually are) so not sure what happened today - it's quite a trek from the main entrance to the Loxwood centre - the main reception staff are not very clued up they sent me on the runaround the first time I went.

I prefer the Chichester Suite - the Loxwood Centre is a bit dull!

Better check tomorrow to make sure I go to the right place...

Hi guys
Just got back from my appointment with the psychologist at St Richards - Janet - who was lovely. We spoke about my history with food, childhood, relationship with food now etc and how I am going to cope without food as a 'crutch' to rely on and so forth. She said I had filled in my questionnaires eloquently (Had to ask hubby what that meant!!! Clearly, honestly and precise is the answer) as well as my food diary for the week. She has no hestitation in receommending me for the surgery so its all systems go now.
HOWEVER, I am going to make a complaint to the PALS section. Basically the letter sent to me with the appointment said it was being held at the Chichester Suite Ward consultation rooms. So friend and I trapse all over the blinking hospital trying to find this place. Bearing in mind the map that was sent shows there is a Chichester Suite and a seperate Chichester Treatment Centre, both in different places. So first we go to one and get told, no its the other. So we got there and get told, no you need to go back to the other (we've just come from there!!!). In the end we went to main reception who tell us its at the Loxwood Centre (where I've been before) so we had to get out the hospital, walk all the way round to the front and on to the Loxwood Centre. It was a hot and sunny day and by the time we got to the Loxwood Centre I had got hot and bothered and I said to the lady in the reecption area at Loxwood that if it was the wrong place I was giving up and going home!
Now I know St Richards has a marvellous reputation for its surgery staff but the administration is failing considerably. WHY couldn't someone have rung me beforehand to say the appointment had been moved? I think my blood pressure was through the roof after that fiasco! I actually think it needs addressing and I intend to complain.
Has anyone else had a similar problem or is it just me? I would be interested to hear from others.
Right, I am off now to write my complaint!!!!:mad:

Glad it went so well.....sorry about the long journey getting to it...lol.

(((hugs)))

it appears that the appt's were changed to the loxwood suite just before my pre op in march. i was told over the phone as appt for op was short notice that it wasnt in the treament centre but now in the loxwood centre. glad it went well for you at the appt and sorry to hear you're having issues with the admin. good luck with the rest of your journey hopefully that will be trouble free.

So if it was all changed to take place at the loxwood centre in March -why send a letter in July to say it was at the Chichester Suite????? This is what I mean about the adminstration of the place. Its letting the otherwise excellent repuation down.

Mandy - I would give the secretary a call beforehand so you don't end up wasting your time trying to find the end of the rainbow when in fact its been moved to the start!!

Back