• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life after WLS

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I have been reading various WLS websites and I have seen a lot of people talking about regretting WLS and how they cannot eat anything afterwards, especially meats and bread. Is this really the case for the majority of people? I am excited about the prospect of losing this horrific weight but terrified at losing the ability to enjoy a meal, albeit a smaller one, with family and friends.

im a bander i cant eat any bread types but i can eat some meats, i can eat chicken, and turkey, and mince, steak and gammon is a no no for me. you can still enjoy a meal i just take off the plate what i cant eat and make the most out of what i can eat, i know its hard to comprehend but you will get used to it x

Thanks so much Liz. I think I just started to freak myself out. Food has always been such a huge part of my life (hence why I weigh 240 pounds!) and it scares me to have to make such a radical change.

its perfectly normal to feel this way, i did as well, bread played a big part in my life i ate it with all my meals ate lots of sandwiches ect but now i really dont miss it, what i would of normally had in a sandwich i now usually have on a jacket potato, tuna, prawns ect.

hi im a bypasser and i can eat all meats and brown bread now and again,theres not much i can not eat really rich food and fatty foods i tend to stay away from.chocolate,fizzy pop and sweet things are a big NO for most bypassers as it maks us quite ill x x x x

You two are the best. I am so much calmer now. I just scared myself. The pay off will being around to watch my 3 kids grow up.

are you wanting a band or a bypass ?

that was my wish too i did not want to watch my children grow up,i wanted to be there and help them grow by playing and running round with them and giving them a good role model.i could not do anything before with them so i put all my fears to one side and went for it. my kids come first in everything i do now i i've never felt better x x x x x

I have no probs with bread but I stick to brown with seeds I dont have many probs at all My taste has changed as now i dont like the taste of tuna or the texture of scambled egg and as of yet have not encounted the dumping syndrome

It is a major change in everyones lives I debated this fact too , like fashionably late I wanted to be able to 'enjoy' my food still and not just be thinking of it as fuel for my body.
I wanted to be able to go out with family and friends, as that is my social life meeting up with people and eating out or in, whatever.
I can put up with only eating small amounts, thats the whole point of this, but not with being unable to enjoy what I am eating, or being unable to eat alot of different food, but I had my mind put at rest weeks ago when you all felt you could eat most things and that you still did enjoy your food.
That is where I think it is really important to have your head in the right place before you into this surgery, or it will be a disaster, and you will be at risk of failing, because people do fail even with the bypass I have spoken to several recently, and they know it is their own fault as they have been eating things that they shouldnt, and dont seem to dump which is even worse for them.
So keep asking questions FL and keep reading and know you are going to be allright, because you know what you are taking on.
Good luck

Jay xx

Back