• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life after wrap/wls

nikkita

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what portion sizes you can eat sort of 4-6 months post wrap onwards? Do you ever get to a stage where you eat what would be considered to be a normal portion size or will you for ever be restricted to small portions? Thanks

My understanding is the with bypass you will eventually be able to eat a small adults meal.

Thank you. I just wondered really what to expect for things like sitting down to have family meals, will the kids always wonder why I don't appear to eat much etc.

My daughter knows all about my op so I never had that issue.

I am nearly a year post wrap. My portions are still very small. Even now I'm blown away by how little it takes to fill me up.

I'm not convinced we'll ever get to normal portions, I can't even manage a child's portion. I can do a starter mostly.

My 3 year daughter can eat more than I can. It's crazy, I love it. I never felt so in control of food before xx

What about soft /meltable foods? I'm thinking of ice cream, chocolate and soft cheeses. Not that those are my faves but I read somewhere that post bariatric surgeries, some failures were due to "cheat foods" that people were not attracted to before wls.

For me I feel quite full even with liquid foods. I would say the full feeling last for less time after those foods. The bottom line is no matter what procedures you have had if your determined to cheat there is always a way. The old cliché "they don't fix your brain" always stands. The tool definitely makes you think twice. It is extremely uncomfortable...

Well yes I'm sure I could pig out on Ice cream or chocolate but I don't. My head has changed since the op too.

I feel the same. I love the feeling of control I have now. I wouldn't want to lose that. xx

Me too. I sometimes have a bar of chocolate but its just one and that's enough!

Back