• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life set backs. 6 months post op and onwards - all surgeries

When they say do u have any questions? Make sure u have some questions! Also make sure u know exactly what the company does so it looks like you hve done heaps of research on them! Kick arse. Smile and makes jokes. X

Relax as much as you can, research them so you can ask questions pertinent to them & steer your answers to their questions to reflect their ethos & be pertinent to them & their requirements. But most of all remember you can do this you have the skills they want & they need you as much as you need them & their job. Don't be afraid of them. You can do this.

Try not to speak too quickly! Know if I'm nervous I tend to do this. Have bullet points of things you want to mention so that you remember everything & that way, ur not reading from a script either. Good luck ! X

Remember being asked at interview what my main weakness was - I said chocolate!! Think that injection of humour helped me get the job. Never say a weakness which can be detrimental to the job!!

Hi Shelly, I read this post and just had to reply.

Since my op;

i developed gallstones and after months of to and fro to a/e had my gall bladder removed.

My grandmother, who I looked after died.

My marriage broke down.

I had a huge mental health crisis, and am still under the services now.

My daughter was diagnosed with a congenital condition.

You could argue that the surgery had something to do with some of my experiences. Maybe it did. But do you no what? I still wouldn't change a thing.
Life has been hard, but not insurmountable.

I've come out the other side a better person. My relationship with my children is better than it could ever have been before.
No I'm not back at work yet, but it means I have been able to better care for myself and my children. I know when I am ready I will go back.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that no matter what challenges we have in our life we are survivors. Life does go on.

Onwards and upwards. :)

Good luck today :D

Keep calm, smile whilst speaking, don't talk to fast or go to off topic with nerves.

:grouphugg:

Hi Shelley, hope the telephone interview went well and you have some good luck, i had my tooth fall off last night to add a little more to my worry. I hate the dentist he has stuck it back on £17.50 n told me it need repalcing I got it done in 1987 after my first child was born on the NHS I have told him that once I am made redundant I will come back and he can do it and a filling n what ever else, and get my eyes tested free, bout bloomin time. So need bout 3 weeks before I start a new job to get stuff processed.. Haha. Didnt feel like laughing last night had a few tears and went to bed as I hadnt slept well the night before. Juts so sick at the mo. xx

Oh Chrisa, big hug Hun, sounds as if you need one badly. Did you get another post yet? Hope all goes well with the dentist. Here if you need me Hun.

Like the rest I couldnt just read and run.

Take each day as it comes and try to stay as strong and as positive as you can. I know its easier said than done.

You never know whats round the corner for you, and as quickly as things turned bad for you they could all be on the up again just as quick!

I'm only down the road from you in Eastbourne so if you wanted to meet up to talk/moan etc I would be more than happy to lend an ear!

Take care xx

Thanks all. So sorry I have not replied sooner. Friday was the worst day of work of my life. Very experienced nurses said that hadn't had such bad days in their careers before as we did. I can't say what I saw or happened, and I'm sure a lot of you would be happy for that because I work at a vets so you really don't want to know. Anyway despite being in a middle of an emergency I had told my supervisor that I had an extremely important phone call to make and amazingly she relieved me from my post 2 minutes before the interview. Anyway some how I pulled myself together and it went brilliantly and I was offered the job subject to references, unfortunately life, being the biatch it is got in the way, just as we were settling things she said you do have a full driving license don't you? Nope. I started learning but in my current position with the commute I have no money left for any more lessons and that was it. They only employ people who can drive because you need to be able to go from practice to practice at a moments notice, work nights etc. I understand but of course I'm gutted as It was much more money for less hours with more responsibilities but at least I did the interview and got the job as such, even if it didn't work out in the end. So I'm trying hard to look for the positives, also if I could survive the last week at work I'm not scared that I can't apply for many more jobs because I did very well in some very difficult situations. So maybe things are exactly the same - no job to go to, no home to go to but I've learnt a few lessons about my self and got some practise. Thanks again everyone for your continued amazing support. I really took on your advice and I don't think I would have done so well without you xxx

Last edited:
Same here Shelley all the jobs I like say full driving licence required, which wipes us straight out. EEh we guna have to set up ur own business am no good with animals mind am allergic to fur xx Good luck for this week. My job finishes on Thursday xx

Well done Shelley - must have done a lot for your self worth to get offered the job even if you couldn't take it. With driving lessons is there a friend or fany member who might be willing to teach you?

As you say despite being in the midst of something that's sounds so rough you did it & got the job just a pity they hadn't made things like a full licence clear at the start. But you got the job on your own merits so have proved to yourself you can do it, you are eminently employable & have skills that are wanted. Lets hope the perfect job close enough to be easy to get to with enough left over to learn to drive for your own purposes extending your availability when you are ready for the next challenge in life.
Here's hoping that this is the start of a more positive period for you in all areas of your life.

Full credit to you as you got the job - that is excellent in itself! Definitely take that as a positive as getting shortlisted/an interview these days seems near on impossible even when matching all the criteria. Hopefully that gave you a little much-needed boost at this time x x

Back