• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lifespan of the band

wow you look great and the pic of you at 15stone you look very slim hun.
how were your pregnancies after band?
as i had band in summer and hope to have another child next year.
thanks
emmax

hi Liz..ohh i havnt been on B/p for a while, ill pop on later!
im seeing my surgeon on tuesday i dont know what hes going to do but something needs to be done, i could eat a horse if i wanted too!!
hence me going on the cambridge diet lol

whats happened with your band? if you dont mind me asking :)
xx

hi vamp. yours sounds similar to how my band felt, my tube had completley came away from the band end and the band itself has a fracture in it which allowed all my fill to slowly leak out so i to could eat most things, i regained 2 stone, they did a full band and port replacement on august 29th 08, i had my 1st fill in the new band last thursday they half filled it to 3.5 mil and its nice and tight now, so hopefully after all this my weight should start moving again.
they said my new band is much more hard wearing than the old band was and should last me a long time now, seems to me in the earlier days the bands were not made to last as banding was still in the relitivly early stages then.
i hope they sort yoursout for you as you have done so well.
if they offer you a full replacement would you have one ?

liz xx

Given your experiences ladies and if you were having to pay privately, would you recommend band or would you go straight for the bypass?

P.S. Vampalicious, you look absolutely amazing on your most recent photo.

I think i'm brave enough to change my profile to a photo of me now but we'll see

Hi Liz,
I had a band fitted on 28th nov. Is your new band a lot better than the old one? You have got me a bit worried now.
Kind regards r x

please dont be worried !! what happened to me is very very rare statistically wise i was just the unlucky 1, my new band is much more hard wearing than my old 1 so they tell me, i also know it as it working good for me even though i lost my weight with the old band this 1 is soo much better.

liz xx

Given your experiences ladies and if you were having to pay privately, would you recommend band or would you go straight for the bypass?

hi lisa,
i would still have a band as that suits my eating habbits, and is the best surgery for my needs, i would always ask though what the initial costs cover and for a signed copy of that in writing, so you know exactly where you stand as a lot of private patients are been let down badly with there aftercare or been led to believe they will get better aftercare than they actually recieve when the time comes.

liz x

thanks liz, its looking like the bypass for me as i eat large portions but still graze too and if i go private, the aftercare for the bypass is less from waht i've heard

Lisa x x x x

Hi Lisa, I had the too had the ability to graze and eat large portions my surgeon recomended the bypass even though I was on the smaller side. After reading the probs that vamp has had Im glad that I did!
The biggest problem with the bypass that I have come across is horror stories from other people "who know someone that have had it done....blah blah blah", a bit of questioning and you soon find out that its all a load of tosh! Best thing to do is ask other bypassers on here about their experiances and I know that you i will get 100% honest answers.
For my pennys worth I think from your eating habits that you would be better with the bypass.

thanks caroline,

think sometimes it just feels like i've gone from needing some help so having the band, to having a major operation and i'm not really sure how it came about. I'm just trying to have a bit of time-out to make sure i'm doing the right thing

Back