• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band for life????

hayley1983

Hey everyone :)

I've been looking online for an answer to this but to no avail so I know one of you wonderful peeps would be able to asnswer it for me.....:D

When anyone had breast implants, you have to have them replace every 12 - 15 years. Does the band have to be replaced eventually through wear and tear?

Thanks guys :D

yes hayley a band is like any other product purchased 12-15 years is what they say a band will last on average but thats just a guideline, my 1st band lasted 3.5 years. its like buying a car or a washing machine they serve there purpose and eventually a replacement is needed.

liz x

Yikes!!! That worries me because I'm going private. Imagine if I did have to replace it and I was still paying off my original :(

I'm so desperate to have it done, I just wish everything didn't revolve around money :mad:

i was lucky hayley as im nhs and that comes with full life long after care, have you tryed to see if you qualify for nhs banding ?

i was lucky hayley as im nhs and that comes with full life long after care, have you tryed to see if you qualify for nhs banding ?

To be honest, I had a bad experience last time at the doctors when I asked the question. He didn't really have a clue, so made me an appointment to see the nurse who is "clued up on weight loss".

I found her very cold, unsupportive, patronising - god the list is endless. She put me on a "low fat diet" and told me to come back in 3 weeks, which I never did.

I know that I qualify and meet the criteria in Gateshead, but I don't think I can bear waiting any longer. Is there any way of checking waiting times at your local hospital???

xxx

wow hayley im just up the road in boldon im not far from you, if you were refered nhs you would be seen by my nhs surgeon in sunderland.

the waiting time here is 1 year from the group meeting x

Ohhh, I think I know where Boldon is. I have only lived up here for 2.5 years so only just getting to know where everything is. I live in Dunston, 2 mins from the metro centre :D

I wonder if it would be an option to have the surgery private with the 2 years after care, then the NHS could take over my after care, see as I've saved them I bit of money going private? I might email my doctors to see if this could be an option maybe?

xxx

yeah your about 30 mins from me, it may be possible that the nhs might take you on after 2 years it all depends on your circumstances.

Hi Hayley, I live in Gateshead, (up the hill by the Angel) but I was born and raised in Dunston! I am on the long trail via the NHS and I had my group session in April and now waiting for the next appointment. My GP didn't have a clue, but I eventually went in with the NICE guidelines for the surgery and the fact that Gateshead follow those guidelines and she was happy to refer me. I would strongly suggest that you give it another go instead of lumbering yourself with debt with no guarentee that the NHS will take over your care at the end of the 2 years.
Lesley

Hi Hayley, I live in Gateshead, (up the hill by the Angel) but I was born and raised in Dunston! I am on the long trail via the NHS and I had my group session in April and now waiting for the next appointment. My GP didn't have a clue, but I eventually went in with the NICE guidelines for the surgery and the fact that Gateshead follow those guidelines and she was happy to refer me. I would strongly suggest that you give it another go instead of lumbering yourself with debt with no guarentee that the NHS will take over your care at the end of the 2 years.
Lesley

I'm trying to make an appointment with my doctor next week to discuss.

The money isn't bothering me as much now, my husband is helping me and we will have it paid off within 2 years :)

Back