• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Light headed still - 1 week post op??? help!!!

lynne08

Hi everyone. I've been suffering since the op with light headedness. not constantly, and it does seem to be improving with each day, but I was just wondering if anyone else suffered with this - is it normal?:confused:

I ventured out the house for a little wander around Debenhams today. driven to the door, and a slow 1/2 hour browse and needed a sit down. :wave_cry:

The dizziness is also there as I sit. :(

Everything else going amaaaaaaazingly well. shame this feeling is spoiling my recovery :cry:

thanks
Lynne
xxx

Hi sweetie, any idea what your BP is like? Did you have high BP pre op & are still on the tablets? If so your BP may now be too low. May be best to get it checked at the doctors. Glad everything else is fine though :) xx

You taking any tablets? I found the soluble pills they gave me were knocking me for six x

Hi Denise & Jo,

I had no issues with bp pre op and readings seem to have been ok prior to release from hospital, but that's not to say it has changed since then. I have one of those little bp machines so I think I'll do some regular testing.

I wasn't on any meds either pre op, and now take vit a-z, Lanzoprozole and something else to prevent gall stones.

it's a mystery!
xxx

hi lynne glad everything else is going ok for you,
i do hope this light headeness gives over soon for you also,
could it be light headedness cos your body is getting used to not eating as much maybee???

I would give it another week at home with your BP tester but if no better, see the doctor. Best to be sure what you are dealing with, sweetie xx :wave_cry:

Are you trying to do too much too soon? I remember taking a slow walk round meadowhall and after an hour I'd had it, broke out in sweats, dizzy etc. does take longer to recover than we think xx

my bp dropped so much post op that i stopped my pills, it could also be lack of food, exhaustion from major surgery a few days ago? No harm in getting it checked though, does the bariatric nurse call you? Worth mentioning it xxx

hi lynne, I also have had light headedness and still suffer a bit now 8 weeks on. The practice nurse told me it could be my body reacting to no sugar and suggested I suck on a small sweet. I haven't tried this as I am afraid of dumping. hope it clears up for you soon.

marj xx

thanks everyone. just checked bp and 99/56. not sure if that is too low or not? I'll keep a check on it I think.

I think I may be trying to do too much too. just because the head feels ok, the body is a tad behind and I need to remember that!

thanks guys!
xxx

I was getting dizzy a few seconds after standing, was taken off my meds yesterday.
that's good news Gary! I hope it clears your dizziness and you feel better soon.
xxx

lynne it could be your potassium levels are a little low, maybe you should visit GP and ask for some bloods just to check xx

hi lynne, I also have had light headedness and still suffer a bit now 8 weeks on. The practice nurse told me it could be my body reacting to no sugar and suggested I suck on a small sweet. I haven't tried this as I am afraid of dumping. hope it clears up for you soon.

marj xx
Thanks Marj,

it's good to know that others have had similar issues, and pleased yours is sorted now..
xxx

lynne it could be your potassium levels are a little low, maybe you should visit GP and ask for some bloods just to check xx
thanks Amy, I have an appointment on tues so If I still feel the same, I will mention it. xxx

thanks everyone. just checked bp and 99/56. not sure if that is too low or not? I'll keep a check on it I think.

I think I may be trying to do too much too. just because the head feels ok, the body is a tad behind and I need to remember that!

thanks guys!
xxx

I am no DR but that reading seems kind of low. I would check it again at various times, write it down and go in and see your gp if the dizziness does not ease off.

As you are only 1 week post op it could be lack of food etc but take it east, get up slowly from sitting and do not rush around.

Blood Pressure : Blood pressure chart

Wendy

It is low, Lynne ... this is probably why you are dizzy, but it isn't dangerously low. If your reads are round this range tomorrow & would definitely see your doctor. See what it is like when you have been sitting & then stand ... this is when your BP may drop too low. Good Luck, honey xxx :)

I am no DR but that reading seems kind of low. I would check it again at various times, write it down and go in and see your gp if the dizziness does not ease off.

As you are only 1 week post op it could be lack of food etc but take it east, get up slowly from sitting and do not rush around.

Blood Pressure : Blood pressure chart

Wendy
Thanks Wendy. I'm gonna keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't drop any further.

I'm sure it's just a mixture of everything following the op.

thanks for advice tho.

xxx

It is low, Lynne ... this is probably why you are dizzy, but it isn't dangerously low. If your reads are round this range tomorrow & would definitely see your doctor. See what it is like when you have been sitting & then stand ... this is when your BP may drop too low. Good Luck, honey xxx :)
I will do ..... thanks for all your support and caring Denise. means a lot.
xxx

Same happened to me when I went for leisurely stroll round local small supermarket and boywonder pushed the trolley and packed. Car there and back but by time I got to the tills I felt weak with cold sweat.

It is major surgery despite the keyhole bit. The keyhole bit gives you false sense of security with your strength and fitness. Give yourself some time to heal on the inside as well Hun xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back