• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im gunna be fat forever!!

my friend is a trainer and says that the more you work out, the hungrier you get. don't be so hard on yourself. you are doing fantastic.

xxx

again thanks for the support everyone.. i feel so pants this week im goin to the gym for 3 days and swimming 3 and still have sat off! i will win this fight against my flab! haha xx

This may be going against the flow but personally I listen to my body and if I am hungry, I eat! But I do make sure that what I eat is healthy, nutritious and low in carbs if possible. I don't calorie count and never have but the weight is coming off fine so I must be doing something right.

With three gym sessions and swimming too each week I think 700 calories is too low anyway, you need food to give you extra energy and the last thing you want is for your body to go into starvation mode!

I would say worry less, you are doing brilliantly.
Cuppa xx

Cuppa, I'm so glad you said that. I have had a lifetime of counting, weighing, pointing and counting bloody 'syns' and didn't relish the thought os doing it again.
I obviously understand that after bypass we need to eat the most nutritious and healthy food possible but I was hoping to take a more natural approach and give my body what it needs.
Would like to do that now but I have a demon that tells me I need kitkats:-(

Your weight loss is excellent, my bypass was on the 15th November and I have had a really slow weight loss, I sometimes feel like "why did I bother", but you just gotta let time take it's course and let your body do it's stuff !

With three gym sessions and swimming too each week I think 700 calories is too low anyway, you need food to give you extra energy and the last thing you want is for your body to go into starvation mode!

I would say worry less, you are doing brilliantly.
Cuppa xx

You are absolutely right here, 700 calories is far too low to sustain for more than a very short period of time, i.e. ideal as pre-op diet for 4 weeks but the body needs more than that if you're to stay healthy.

I've done a quick calculation for somebody weighing 10st (Kirsty's target weight) which will definitely allow for good weight loss at this stage and she needs to be consuming 1500 calories per day just to survive and 2500 calories if doing moderate exercise every day.

Obviously you need to follow the advice of your nutritionist but you will still lose weight as long as you don't exceed those figures on a regular basis. I read somewhere that if you eat 100 calories per day more than your body needs you will gain 1lb a month, which is almost a stone per year! ;)

Tip: when working out how many calories you need always work it on the weight you should be, and not the weight you currently are. This will guarantee weight loss and help maintain it once you get there.

Shame I've never been able to practice what I preach LOL ... but hopefully the bypass will help with that ;)

Last edited:
hi kirsty, i can't add anything that hasn't already been said. but if you want face to face support we can always arange that northants meet.
sue.

thanks guys :) how many calories should i be having im lost at the mo as 1000 seems loads and i feel like a dumpling! haha! i go gym and swimming a hr each time - 6 times a week! alternate the days and have sat off - well wii on sat but nothing like the other days :) im scared of getting saggy so reaaalllly dont wana stop the exercise as my boobs are already yuk!!! any advice you guys give me i alwayyyyys take on board :) twiggy ill probs know how many i should be having but is that with the bypass?? stuck.com lol..

sue when ever u want (as long as i know a little before) ill be up for :)

fat again - i never realised we was so close together of our dates!! i think your stats are great!! mine is fast but im obsessed at not being saggy and i dont think its doin me 2 good lol! i think about my weight all the time lol! im on a mission to be slim! dont ever think why bother because at least its coming off eh? we will all get there (some day pmsl)

thanks again people xx

thanks guys :) how many calories should i be having im lost at the mo as 1000 seems loads and i feel like a dumpling!

You really need to ask your dietician what he/she recommends you should be eating. I'm not entirely sure food is measured in calories post-op but rather that you eat the required amount of protein (60-80g) per day with plenty of fresh vegetables and low fat/carb options, and drink plenty of fluids (2 litres per day?)

If you're eating a sensible healthy diet I can't see that it would be possible to exceed your daily calorie requirements. You're doing lots of exercise too which is great! :D

I know you want to get the weight off asap but remember Rome wasn't built in a day and we didn't put the weight on overnight either, plus the faster the weight comes off the more chance you've got of having saggy skin as it doesn't have time to shrink ;)

Just realised you've lost over 4 stone in 2 months!!!! :eek: That's a phenomenal amount, why are you even worrying? lol

im not worrying (much) but i was just wondering how many i was ment to be having as im not sure 100% and dont want to overeat .. or undereat with the exercise.. im really nervous about ending up saggy! im just a born worryier i guess.. i know my loss is good them stats need updating ive lost 5 stone 2 since 25th november :) which i know it good but u seem alot cleverer than me so thought id ask :) xx

Back