• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im gunna be fat forever!!

fatbutnot4long

hi guys... im almost 8 weeks post op and doin ok but.. the last few days i cant stop eating!!! im due on and its murders! i normally try not to go over 700 calories a day but this week most days ive been having 1000 maybe 1200!! im gutted! but sooooooooooooo hungry! i get like it everytime my totm is coming :( i have been going gym 3 times a week and swimming once a week but i think im still eating to much and feel like im gunna be fat forever! has anyone got any advice for me... it will be very very welcome.. thanks guys lots of love kirsty xx :wave_cry:

I thought after a bypass, it was difficult to eat to much at a time without being sick, because of the size of the pouch??

normally i can hardly eat anything but this week ive eating loads most days 1000 calories and there not even bad foods! but ive just eated a crumpet with peanut butter packet of quavers and a cheese string! normally i cant eat a whole cheese string let alone the rest!!! it just seems alot - 1000calories i still 2 much isent it? x

1000 is not too much as long as its good things your having and higher in protein , its still proberly a hell of a lot less than you had before x just keep an eye on what your having and dont be too hard on your self TOTM is bad enough as it is without getting down x

it is all good for me.. i dont normally buy bad foods! it is a hell of alot less than what i was eating before and even now on my 'normal' weeks but its still alot and im suprised i havent been sick.. especially as i have a very diccy pouch! the exercise is makin me more hungry also.. i did try to cut carbs but my trainer told me 2 readd them as i was soooo tierd! i do also keep a diary of EVERYTHING i eat now lol.. thanks for all the help.. xx

thanks for the support :) xx

You are on track Kirsty so don't worry i've been averaging 1000 calories for a good while now and i'm still losing virtually every week. Some days i feel as if i'm eating for Scotland but as Rybens says its still a lot less than we ate before and all will be well and the weight will keep coming off so try not to worry xx

Kirsty...looking at what youve lost, I think you are beating yourself up over nothing, your probably just having a down day, your an Inspiration to the likes of me hun, so Chin up. x ;)

aww thank you :) i am trying really hard i try to do exercise as much as i can i just feel 2 days of 1000 maybe 1200 is bad bad bad! normally i aim for 700! i feel as fat as ever.. might be because of my totm thou! :( anyway thanks guys muchly appreciated xx

There is a simple formula you can use to work out how many calories of food you need per day just to survive - it's called the Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)

You need to know your weight in Kg and women multiply their weight by 0.9 and men multiply weight by 1. This gives calories per hour so you then need to multiply by 24 to work out the minimum daily calories you body needs to live!

e.g. woman weighs 115kg so....... 115 x 0.9 = 103.5 x 24 = 2484

So, the BMR = 2484 calories per day!

For those who work in old money 115Kg = approx 18 st

There are additional calculations to take into account daily exercise and activity but we don't need to go into those here, this is just an example, and obviously the less you weigh the lower the BMR becomes ;)

So Kirsty, I wouldn't have thought eating 1000 calories for a couple of days at this stage is going to make a huge difference to your weight loss, but it's probably not a good idea to eat more than you should in case you stretch your pouch.

Last edited:
that is clever!! and loads! id never eat that amount haha! i think its only because im at my totm! normally i eat only 700! thanks for taking the time to post that thou its really intresting! xx

Wish i was that clever lol wish i knew what i was in kg too !

My son reminded me about it this morning (he's training to be sports coach/personal trainer) when I was moaning about eating too much lol I was actually surprised at how many calories you could have without gaining weight! Even just sitting around doing not very much at all, e.g desk work, you can add a further 25% to that amount ;)

Last edited:
This is a great website, that I was put onto by my GP, Have a look, it is very informative.....;)

Free Calorie Counter, Weight Loss Calculators, and Weight Loss Tutorial | CaloriesPerHour.com

Did you also know that Livestrong.com who run that site have a free food diary app you can use on your iphone and will monitor everything you eat, what exercise you do and keep a weight chart? ;)

It's actually very good and I started using it at the start of my WL journey but that too fell by the wayside .... must get back into it! :D

Did you also know that Livestrong.com who run that site have a free food diary app you can use on your iphone and will monitor everything you eat, what exercise you do and keep a weight chart? ;)
No, but I do now, thanks. x

Don't forget doing the exercise will burn up those calories as well. You seem to be doing fine to me 3 times a week at the gym and swimming sessions as well wow.

What do you mean Twiggie? Just sitting at a desk, lol, i take exception to that one! I sit at a desk for six hours a day and i'm up and down and all over the flipping flopping hospital on a regular basis......

What do you mean Twiggie? Just sitting at a desk, lol, i take exception to that one! I sit at a desk for six hours a day and i'm up and down and all over the flipping flopping hospital on a regular basis......

Hehe sorry, I was thinking more of myself in that example as I can spend anything up to 12 hours a day some days sitting at my desk ;)

Time I got myself back on the Wii and the treadmill to burn up some of these calories I've been stuffing down me neck :D

Back