• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LINDYB

LINDYB

hi, am a newby on here, am waiting for my surgery for gastric bypass in april. can anyone tell me what the pre op diet is? and when do you start it

hiya my pre opp diet started 10 days before my opp and it was ok its to reduce the size of your liver to make the opp easier but mine was a diabetic one i was still allowed food but different hospitals do different pre opp diets im at sunderland if you put the name of your hospital down someone will be able to help good luck on your journey xxx

my pre op was the low fat one small bowl of cereal 20z of meat at lunch with veg and the same for tea plus 1/2 pt semi skimmed milk. NO POTATOES and lots of water.
This was for 2 weeks. Its not that bad XXX

Hello there

Some ppl have the milk diet and others have low fat/low carb diets etc, your provider will assess your medical records and work out which is the best pre op diet for you. All the best hun - MeJulie xx

My op is in April too, and my pre-op diet which was given to me at my pre-op appt is more or less the same as Nadines, but less milk and one small potatoe. It does not sound too bad.

You will be given a diet sheet to follow as each surgeon seems to have their own favourites.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Hi and welcome. I start mine on Monday, its the milk and yogurt diet:

It consists of

3 pints of milk...ss or skimmed only.
2 low fat yogurts
fizzy low cal drinks..tea coffee water.

Every hospital have there own rules but im in Sheffield and thats what we are given. Good Luck xxx

Hi and welcome. I start mine on Monday, its the milk and yogurt diet:

It consists of

3 pints of milk...ss or skimmed only.
2 low fat yogurts
fizzy low cal drinks..tea coffee water.

Every hospital have there own rules but im in Sheffield and thats what we are given. Good Luck xxx

Are you allowed Slimfast to put in your milk?

Are you allowed Slimfast to put in your milk?
Jane

I hope someone answers this one!

Back