• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here

Tracey37

Hi everyone , I am new to the site and just find my way around here . I just had my pre-assessment on the 3rd nov 2011, and have seen my surgeon and Anaesthetist ,just waiting to have sleep apnea test then i will get my sugery date , am having it done at spire murrayfield hospital in wirral , under the Gravitas team , can anyone tell me what the pre-op diet is like, am doing one low carbohyrate diet , not the milk and yougurt diet which i have heard off . also can anyone tell me if they had a nausal tube when then came out of opration room as my surgeon say when i come round i have have one for a few days untill i start drink well , thank u :) having gastric sleeve

Thank you Denise , and well done on your weight lost so far xx

good luck and all the best with you surgery on the 19th nov
Marie xx

Hi Tracey

Welcome to the site. I had my pre op assessment last week and was told I would have an oxygen mask on my face and needle in my hand when I came round. Nothing to worry about it as it is normal :)

Hi Tracey welcome and good luck with your journey :)

Hi Tracey i'm having duodenal switch at Murrayfield on 28/11/2011 and am on low calorie pre op, i have found it easy so far 1 weetabix 100ml skimmed milk for brekkie, 100gm low fat cottage cheese with salad for lunch, low fat yoghurt for aft snack, 150grms lean meat or chicken,pork,mince,2 low fat sausages , 2 egg omelette ..2 sml potatoes and veg for tea then 1 banana for supper and allow 200mls skimmed milk for all day including brekkie so i can have cups of tea, i have made myself menus for eveyday and varied the meat etc so don't get bored but i stick to snacks, brekkie and lunch .. hope this helps :) and good luck

Welcome.

I didn't have the nasal tube (just a Foley catheter) but I do know some people who have. It's a bit annoying but they got rid of it rather quickly.

angiemason said:
Hi Tracey i'm having duodenal switch at Murrayfield on 28/11/2011 and am on low calorie pre op, i have found it easy so far 1 weetabix 100ml skimmed milk for brekkie, 100gm low fat cottage cheese with salad for lunch, low fat yoghurt for aft snack, 150grms lean meat or chicken,pork,mince,2 low fat sausages , 2 egg omelette ..2 sml potatoes and veg for tea then 1 banana for supper and allow 200mls skimmed milk for all day including brekkie so i can have cups of tea, i have made myself menus for eveyday and varied the meat etc so don't get bored but i stick to snacks, brekkie and lunch .. hope this helps :) and good luck

Good luck with your surgery on the 28th nov , let me know how it goes all the best x

Hi tracy
Welcome to the site from one newbie to anouther all the best to you for your new start we are all right behind ya ( not literally lol ) Jonny xx

Welcome Hun n good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello and welcome to the site ;) x x

hope your surgery all goes well :) x x

Hi and welcome to the site I also am a newbie and have been given my date for surgery I was also told that due to my sleep apneoa I may have to go on the HDU for the first day after surgery

Hi honey, i'm sorry i cant answer any of your questions but im sure someone on here will because these guys are a wealth of knowledge and an all round great bunch. Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey x

Back