• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid diets?

slimmerkay

Hi Sarah - good luck with your op.

Hasn't your surgeon provided you with a diet sheet?

My surgeon was adamant I follow the diet sheet he provided and said it was non-negotiable.

lotsabeefy

Babe ya gotta do what ya gotta do, think of it as your contribution to changing your life xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi,

I was put on the low carb/fat diet for 4 weeks!
you have a third of pint of milk a day
and 2 oz meat or fish and veg/ for dinner and tea
and breakfast 2 oz cereal.

I lost 1 and half stone on these,it was hard at first then I was fine after 3 days.

dottychic

There are quite a few pre-op diets but you have to follow the one your team gives you. I think usually the only one that isnt milk or liquids is for Diabetics. Good luck, it is hard but well worth it XX

BeaBea

Hi I decided to start my pre op diet a little early and really I am glad I did because it is such a vast difference to portion size I have 'even when I'm cutting down'. Dotty I was wondering why I wasn't offered the liquid diet and what you just said makes sense as I am a diabetic. I know I have already lost weight but I think I'll wait and see how much when I go to my pre op on the 9th November. It does make sense but I'm consumed by it, trying to think what different concoptions I can make with the few ingredients I have LOL ... I might even be a bit irritable. Ah well won't be long.

slimmerkay

I don't want to put anyone off their ops or upset or scare anyone, but the thing is, compared to what and how you eat AFTER your bypass for the first few weeks, the pre-op diets are a luxury and a good preparation.

slimmerkay

Sorry, I didn't mean that post to come over as being a lecture or anything. It's just that as much research as I did, I WAS under illusions that it would not be so hard just after the op. I got an emotional shock from withdrawal from food and I found it hard to handle at times. I don't think the surgeons and medical teams do enough about preparing us psychologically and emotionally.

emma-louise

my new life!!
I do agree with karen,

I was gutted when I was put on my pre-op diet for 4 weeks when most only do 2 weeks,but it really was worth it,as it really did help me regarding food intake after my bypass..x

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi beabea,

have you decided which diet your going to do?
do you get a choice on what you can follow..
Im so glad I did the low fat/carb..the milk diet sounds really hard to follow..

good luck x

Sarah Metcalf

Thanks for all your comments, I start the pre-op diet tomorrow which is 5 portions of both carbs and fruit/veg and 2 portions of both protein and dairy. Then 2 weeks before surgery I start the liquid diet. I only found out about the liquid diet yesterday so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible about it in order to prepare myself mentally.

Big hello Chris, it's good to know that there's another family member that understands, we can support each other (even if it is over 200 miles) xx

Wendy1

I start mine in the morning, not looking farward to it, though i might go out today for last meal. Dont know if that is a goodd idear tho.But i will do it