• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid Medication

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
I have been advised by the hospital to get my prescription medication in liquid form for going into hospital and after.

I thought I would just be able to get my surgery to get it sorted quite quickly.
Then GP phones me up last week and says `Do you know how much each type of pill would cost in liquid form we might be able to reduce some or do away with your statins for a few weeks as you might not need them after you lose the weight`

Anyway she took about a week or more to get this prescription authorised through the Medical Centre I was beginning to give up getting it. Thankfully when I went for my blood test on Tuesday they had it ready.

Took prescription into Boots Chemist as I thought they would most likely have the liquid medicines than the supermarket chemist. The guy in there says `Do you know it cost over a hundred pound per bottle for each item; will you be able to afford it`
Fortunately as I have repeat prescriptions throughout the year I pay annually and it comes under that cost. I gladly flashed him my NHS card, then he tells me it could take a few days to ring the order in as they don`t keep stocks of those type of liquid medicines because of cost. I informed him I needed the order this week as I go into hospital Monday (fibbed to give myself an extra days grace).

He phoned yesterday and left message on answerphone that part of my order was ready for collection! (what use is part). Got a phone call earlier telling me the whole of my prescription would be ready for me to collect tomorrow. At last.

Fable of the story - if you have to have liquid medication; get prescription sorted in plenty of time before surgery.
Think I made it in the nick of time.:hmm:

I know everyone seems to be very reluctant to prescribe liquid medication unless they really have to due to the cost. I also have a yearly prescription thingy but I am crushing my medication as it doesn't taste of anything thankfully. I don't understand how it can possibly cost that sort of money though....good old NHS! xxx

Walsall Manor give us them and send us home with liquid meds if we need them.

Back