• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid phase posr gastric bypass

mad midwife

I'm having bypass 31st October, and reading through my stuff is confusing me, can someone post op possibly give me an outline of exactly what they drink on the liquid stage, everything says don't drink before and after meals but I guess this doesn't count on the liquid diet as everything is a drink? Im using slim fast for my pre op diet, could I just use this for the post op liquid phase?

I had my bypass three months ago. Slimfast and all similar protein drinks were/are banned by my provider. For Weeks 1 and 2 post op I was on 125ml per hour for 16 hours a day of simple fluids - tea, coffee, water, NAS squash, Options hot choc, v diluted fruit juice, semi- skimmed milk, Heinz Cream of Tomato soup, diluted Muller Lights. Weeks 3 and 4 were thickening up to purees. Week 5 I started progressing onto normal foods slowly. I now eat a wide range of foods, ensuring as best I can not to have anything more than 7% sugar. Be aware that nearly all 0% yogs (for example Activia) are about 12-15%. Shocking.

Back