• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Liquid Stage

mandym1

I love home made soups but you can usually stand a spoon up in the ones I make. I only make 2 and dont think they will be any good for early pre-op stage.

Has anyone got any nice recipes for the liquid stage? Is tinned soup ok?

MrsSAFC

or puree the soup you do make? i also love big lumpy veg in my home made soup - so have made the same then blended it... takes the same just nee lumps!

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Can you freeze soup so you have some ready for you when you come out of hospital?

Is tinned soup ok or not that good for you?

mandym1

I'm planning on freezing some home made soup. Ive just bought tiny plastic containers for this.

I'm unsure about tinned soup too. i'm sure someone will be along to answer this for us soon x

Big an Bouncy

Dilute your own Mand you know what has gone in them,if you use tinned have good soups and blend them,watch tomato cos of the sugar though it never bothered me.Chicken noodle was always a good standby,and watch out for big peas in soup or Irish stew I still fish them out!Irish stew in a tin made three meals and was tasty after all the liquid stuff.Its not for long!

Big an Bouncy

Later on tinned mince and weightwatchers frozen mash was good,two mash portions and a tbsp of tin mince for tea was filling and tasty.Tbh I thought I would freeze and eat more but didnt.Dont go overboard freezing stuff you wont eat it all!

mandym1

Thanks Maz, I probably would freeze loads of stuff so I will reign it in ha ha x

How about stock cubes, are all of them ok or are there some to avoid?

bobsbigboy

Hiya Mandy, I am on my 2 week surgiversary today and I started on the sloppy pureed stuff at the weekend. At the moment it is soup, soup and more soup. I bought some from Lidls, oxtail and Lentil, plus I got some packet soups that were clear-ish and just filtered out the bits to get the juice. My wife has made some chicken soup and I blitzed that in the marmalizer so it ran off the spoon. Today I treated myself to some Heinz big soup and again blitzed that so it runs off the spoon. Half a tin should be enough to fill you up, so you can get 2 meals and be a cheap date hehehehe!! Hope this is some help to you. I also had some very runny ready brek for breakfast, it was heaven. Take care xx

dolly48dd

i would do a cup a soup and just ran it though a tea strain to get the lumps out. instead of tea or coffee.

mandym1

How do I get protein into the liquid stage?

bobsbigboy

I got some Tesco's philadelphia type soft cheese to add to minestrone soup or mashed potato. Whatever you do don't get Tesco's meal replacement drinks or Complan, one will make your sugar levels rocket and the other will bind you up. The Heinz big soup has beef or sausages or chicken in it, so that is a good source of protein. I just blitzed it for 2 minutes or longer until smooth.

mandym1

How do you liquidise potatoe? Is it just adding plenty of semi skimmed milk?

dolly48dd

How do you liquidise potatoe? Is it just adding plenty of semi skimmed milk?
you can buy already made potatoe put lots of gravy with it. must admit b4 my opp i would have never of thought of buying mash. or even smash.

mandym1

I never buy ready mash but I'm told that frozen mash is really nice especially Aunt Bessies.

This is all great advice thanks everyone. I realised I have researched the procedure and everything else so much but now its here the praticalities of the first few weeks has sort of hit me in the face, so I'm sure there will be lots more questions x

dolly48dd

Aunt Bessies do a carrot and swede mash which is also nice.