• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op diet and quorn

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I am about to start my puree stage after two weeks of liquid diet.

I have been having home made soups made out of regular dinners mushed up (potato, vegetables, milk, milk powder and gravy and sometimes chicken) these have poured off a spoon, although I drink them from a mug. They go down really well.

I love quorn mince and chicken pieces, so can I use them in place of meat and make thicker soup ??

The liquid is going down so easily that I haven't really felt any restriction, I take it with the puree it may stick around in my pouch for longer.

I also want to try scrambled eggs is it too soon for them??

Thanks

Last edited:
I had scrambled eggs at your stage, didn't liek them, but it was the taste, too bland. Texture wise all was fine for me.

Quorn is good for protein and if you can purée it until it pours off a spoon then go for it. I found it took quite a lot of liquid to get it to the right consistency - good luck experimenting!

I didn't have scrambled eggs until the next stage. This was on the dietician sheet provided to me, what do your team say? Think about your pouch as a new born baby - if the baby was at the puréed stage would you feed it scrambled egg? in my experience you will only need to get it wrong once to sort you out!! I still feel I'll at the thought of carrot and coriander soup after an incident on my liquid stage.

I found purée the worst and most difficult phase, you'll get through it and it will be a dim and distant memory before you know it.

Good luck x

Back