• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What FOODS can I buy ? liquid stage...HELP NEEDED

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi,

Im still wondering what I can buy in for the liquid stage ? as Im going shopping tommorow and want to get a few things in my cupboard.
I know of oxo,milk,yogurts..and soups..
But can you still add meats/cheese to homemade soup and make it really runny,can your stomach handle it on the liquid stage(as Im worried about not getting protien)

oh and I bought in marvel!

thanks all x

The Covent Garden soups are really nice, and I just whizzed away the lumps
Activia fat free drinking yogs are really handy.
I lived off these for the liquid stage, good luck!

Im pre-op so Im not sure but I dont think you need to worry about the protein at the liquid stage. Im sure some one whos had the op will be along soon to help :D x

Sorry i can't offer any different. Soup, soup and soup is good for the liquid stage........ Don't forget to strain it xx

Get used to it ladies lol your sieve and blender become your best pals! Be careful Emma-Louise because your taste buds change so much and i ended up throwing a lot of food out that i had bought in( liked it pre op but not post op) Better trying a little at a time till you get your taste buds sorted x

I just bought a cheap little hand blender from Tesco...was only about a fiver so I hope this will be ok.
Good to see you back Allie :D x

The liquid stage is when protein is most important, as your body needs it to repair itself after surgery.

Hi,

Im still wondering what I can buy in for the liquid stage ? as Im going shopping tommorow and want to get a few things in my cupboard.
I know of oxo,milk,yogurts..and soups..
But can you still add meats/cheese to homemade soup and make it really runny,can your stomach handle it on the liquid stage(as Im worried about not getting protien)

oh and I bought in marvel!

thanks all x

Hi Emma-Louise, I plan to make stock from chicken, beef etc to ensure I have enough protein as Phatgirl has always said that you need lots of protein to aid healing. I tend to not like cheese added to soups but I think I will do so and blend really well. I might have a go at doing the same with peas and beans.

Like you though I think I will be sick of soup, especially as I'm not much of a soup lover now.
Not long to go. I wish I'd been as organised as you, everything is a rush now.

Rebirth

I just bought a cheap little hand blender from Tesco...was only about a fiver so I hope this will be ok.
Good to see you back Allie :D x

Dotty I find the cheap jug-type blender is way more efficient...mine was £8 from Sainsburies. It deals with food much faster and makes it smoother than my much more expensive hand blender.

Hi Emma-Louise, I plan to make stock from chicken, beef etc to ensure I have enough protein as Phatgirl has always said that you need lots of protein to aid healing. I tend to not like cheese added to soups but I think I will do so and blend really well. I might have a go at doing the same with peas and beans.

Like you though I think I will be sick of soup, especially as I'm not much of a soup lover now.
Not long to go. I wish I'd been as organised as you, everything is a rush now.

Rebirth
Try adding Tofu to soup, its a very good source of protein,has no flavour of its own, and when blended makes the soup taste creamy.

Back