• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Logging food

I don't log anything ... I just can't get my head round things ...
I look at homerton paperwork which has the food on and protein but I wishI was as good and organised as you xxx

Well I'm no dietitian..but when I see how some people go on (not you babe) and not on this site !! ...about calories and not eating this or that ... and low fat this and diet this I do wonder ....
I was told this is Not a diet obviously I know we need certain things in our diet but I've gone back to real butter and fat cheese and fat colslaw as a posed to diet
Again this isn't for everyone but I'm losing every week so I'm going to carry on ...if I stall then I will strip back and look at what I'm eating... xxxx

Basically I'm eating foods I like... but 3/4 of the size I used to ...
No bread everyday tho or bottles of wine every night and family bags of crisps and sweets !! But changed to my Warburton thins every other day .... 1 glass of wine on a sat night ... and if I want crisps it's a handful of wotsists or quavers and I got a small Bournville and had 1 chunk a day..plus my salads and meat and healthy things ... but as I said it's suiting me at the moment xxx

I also don't do a diet .. I am careful with what I eat and I avoid carbs like the plague , but that's only because I know I would slip back into my old eating habits very easily .. Once an addict always an addict
But I do write everything I eat down in a little book every time I eat .. Not the amount as such but I will put 1/2 beside if I didn't eat it all and maybe spoons of yogurt ..
I can't get my head around the calorie count , it confoooooses me ( she says with crossed eyes ) I've never been good with numbers , unless it's the amount of Maryland cookies in a packet ( 12 )
I don't understand how to tell how much protein , fat , etc is in my meal without weighing it ?
I expect there is going to come a time when I'm going to have to do this in order to lose the last few stones ?
Maybe someone should start a master class for us to teach us how to add up our carbs, proteins, fats etc ..

I also don't do a diet .. I am careful with what I eat and I avoid carbs like the plague , but that's only because I know I would slip back into my old eating habits very easily .. Once an addict always an addict
But I do write everything I eat down in a little book every time I eat .. Not the amount as such but I will put 1/2 beside if I didn't eat it all and maybe spoons of yogurt ..
I can't get my head around the calorie count , it confoooooses me ( she says with crossed eyes ) I've never been good with numbers , unless it's the amount of Maryland cookies in a packet ( 12 )
I don't understand how to tell how much protein , fat , etc is in my meal without weighing it ?
I expect there is going to come a time when I'm going to have to do this in order to lose the last few stones ?
Maybe someone should start a master class for us to teach us how to add up our carbs, proteins, fats etc ..
I'm so crap at maths lol it's the app that does it for me I just put how much of the product I have and it works it out for me xxx

What app Cassie ? And how does it count the calories ? Do you have to enter the weight etc ? What if your eating out and can't even guess the weight of something ?

It's called my fitness pal. They have most well known restaurants nutritional information on there. I usually just guess with chicken as j know what 90g will look like etc. But I'll add my babybels on there. Linda McCartney sausages. You can type anything in and it'll come up. If it doesn't then you can manually type it in and save it for other people to use them. It's what I track my weight on too so it's nice seeing the little graph xxx

I have it on my phone but keep forgetting
It told me I could have 1200 calories
I did it one day and by lunch I was upto 800 don't know if I did something wrong but I panicked I was eating to much then didn't eat anything ...
But I agree it's good to check certain foods your not used to ... it has every food in there xxx

I have it on my phone but keep forgetting
It told me I could have 1200 calories
I did it one day and by lunch I was upto 800 don't know if I did something wrong but I panicked I was eating to much then didn't eat anything ...
But I agree it's good to check certain foods your not used to ... it has every food in there xxx
Yeah I need to find a way to hide the calories so I'm not so fixated lol xx

Well I'm no dietitian..but when I see how some people go on (not you babe) and not on this site !! ...about calories and not eating this or that ... and low fat this and diet this I do wonder ....
I was told this is Not a diet obviously I know we need certain things in our diet but I've gone back to real butter and fat cheese and fat colslaw as a posed to diet
Again this isn't for everyone but I'm losing every week so I'm going to carry on ...if I stall then I will strip back and look at what I'm eating... xxxx

Basically I'm eating foods I like... but 3/4 of the size I used to ...
No bread everyday tho or bottles of wine every night and family bags of crisps and sweets !! But changed to my Warburton thins every other day .... 1 glass of wine on a sat night ... and if I want crisps it's a handful of wotsists or quavers and I got a small Bournville and had 1 chunk a day..plus my salads and meat and healthy things ... but as I said it's suiting me at the moment xxx

I am also not logging anything. I can't get my head around calories either and I'm not weighing food. This may change but at the moment, a meal is a ramekin of food and is significantly less to what I was eating! I don't see this as a diet either. I also only eat real butter but this is because of the manufactoring process of margarine; I believe that butter is healthier and more natural. I do buy babybel light, but I am wary about 'fat free' foods, asthey often bung a load of sugar in them and I'm addicted to sugar. My diet is healthier than before, although in all honest, my actual meals were ok, just a hell of a lot on the plate, it was everything else I was poisoning my body with that was the problem. I've not yet had salad, I found a tomato tough to eat slowly, but I'm eating a small bit of slow cooked meat, 2 carrots and a small amount of peas, with a small croquet of mash and lashings of gravy (I sound like Enid Blyton, lol). Its an improvement on high carb food and a massive plateful of pasta.

Although I would try and use myfitness pal if I needed too, I couldn't work it out though. I track weight and measurements on monitor your weight, which works so far.

I do have to be careful if I eat yoghurts as I don't like the lacto-free ones, and can't eat much bread as it makes me retain water, which leads to weight gain!

I don't eat much low cal or fat free items either .. My team told me about the high sugar content which I didn't know and also to eat butter instead of Marge or any other spreads and to have full fat dairy as the fats are good fats which we need .. I hate low fat yogurt anyway , it tastes off to me !

I'm using an app called " recovery record" I'm sure it's in Google play on this you tick boxes ie how your feeling happy sad,bored,then what the meal is breakfast lunch dinner snack,what you have eaten at the end you can write about how your feeling been using it a few months now and find it settling for me and encourages me to be honest about my day how I'm feeling keeping me on the straight amd narrow it's a bit like a food log without the calorie counting!

Good idea .. This will enable and tempt you to try new healthy foods
Xxxx

Back