• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers-and restriction on foods

emma-louise

my new life!!
I feel a bit embarrassed to write this but I hate the feeling of food now....
This morning I've eaten a few teaspoons of a "superfood" bean salad.
It was lovely but after it I feel bloated and sluggish this happens whenever I eat now.
It's honestly making me hate food,I eat now to survive not for comfort.
I should be glad my restriction is still good after 2 1/2 years,I just hate this feeling of fullness.
Does anyone else feel like this?sometimes I'd rather not eat,but I know I have to so do it.

I still enjoy food an dit does make me mad when I have looke dforward to it but cant eat it cos i am full i have to say to myself bin or give to hubby. xx It is wasteful but without this op we would still be shovelling it in cant do thta now xx

I am only 6 months post op but I know what you mean most things make me feel a bit queasy and sort of tired afterwards!

It's not a nice feeling now eating at all to me!
It does get me a little down at times,especially when I'm out of the house as I don't like to have that "uncomfy" feeling whilst out.
So I tend to stick with coffees when out!

I don't know what to say hon :( I am still a foodie. Didn't want to read and run tho.

To be honest Emma, I can kind of understand your frustration. My restriction is strict, but it is at a point where i can tolerate it - ie I feel like I eat enough but not too much. And that works for me because I don't feel hard done by. But I can imagine if you're still eating teeny portions you must feel very hard done by.

To be honest Emma, I can kind of understand your frustration. My restriction is strict, but it is at a point where i can tolerate it - ie I feel like I eat enough but not too much. And that works for me because I don't feel hard done by. But I can imagine if you're still eating teeny portions you must feel very hard done by.

You see my portions are just pathetic!..lol
Less than my 5 year olds...
I can be eating and get that uncomfy feeling,but my head still wants more.
Glad someone can understand where I'm coming from.

I suspect its because you struggle with foods - I can find chicken makes me feel a little like that sometimes.

I do eat almost everything now however I do have good restriction also, the hardest is watching them all eat if I have nothing I would rather eta a little n bring the rest home with me, cant eat and drink though, our leaving do is Thursday and we are having a meal and drinks so could be a problem for me but am more worried bout catching sickness n diahorrea which my daughter and hubby have just both had, worried sick have to miss it would be just my luck, cos I got a speech planned. Ha x Need to get few things off my chest xx

Less than my 5 year olds...
I can be eating and get that uncomfy feeling,but my head still wants more.
Glad someone can understand where I'm coming from
I feel just the same and am getting very frustrated. I eat less than my six year old niece on my plate and get full up really, really quickly. I can be quite hungry and really fancy a particular food, go and make it and then only eat half a teaplate full! It does get exasperating and if I was not able to fill out calories with higher value foods now and again I would still be losing weight (which I don't really want to)

I feel just the same and am getting very frustrated. I eat less than my six year old niece on my plate and get full up really, really quickly. I can be quite hungry and really fancy a particular food, go and make it and then only eat half a teaplate full! It does get exasperating and if I was not able to fill out calories with higher value foods now and again I would still be losing weight (which I don't really want to)

Jane,
I eat tiny portions but still got 2 stones to lose,
I haven't lost for about 15 months now.

This is a very useful thread ! Thanks for starting it emma.
I get full up immediatley, like after a spoonful, if we are out and I'm paying for food.
I get full up really quickly if I eat a dinner.
I can eat rubbish easily. I think I have a seperate stomach for cake, biscuits and chocolate.
I realise that I am getting at least half my calories from such rubbish, and it is this is how I am maintaining. It's not good !
I also think about food all the time at the moment, and have done for about a month ! I think I am trying to get satisfaction, which is so very different from being full.
I'm very depressed and stressed at the moment as I'm about to lose my job. I'm actually heartbroken. I don't know how to cope as I have no tool any more.
and the most irritating thing is that ALL food seems to make me feel dreadful, either straight away, or within an hour and a half. I feel uncomfortable and agitated, I go hot , cold, hot, cold, and feel tired. This happens everytine I eat.
As I'm eating rubbish I am also terrified of regaining. I am sue calories from bad foods stick more than calories from good food.
And yes, I hate the over full feeling
xxx

This is a very useuful thread !
I get full up immediatley, like after a spoonful, if we are out and I'm paying for food.
I get full up really quickly if I eat a dinner.
I can eat rubbish easily. I think I have a seperate stomach for cake, biscuits and chocolate.
I realise that I am getting at least half my calories from such rubbish, and it is this is how I am maintaining. It's not good !
I also think about food all the time at the moment, and have done for about a month ! I think I am trying to get satisfaction, which is so very different from being full.
I'm very depressed and stressed at the moment as I'm about to lose my job. I'm actually heartbroken. I don't know how to cope as I have no tool any more.
and the most irritating thing is that ALL food seems to make me feel dreadful, either straight away, or within an hour and a half. I feel uncomfortable and agitated, I go hot , cold, hot, cold, and feel tired. This happens everytine I eat.
As I'm eating rubbish I am also terrified of regaining. I am sue calories from bad foods stick more than calories from good food.
And yes, I hate the over full feeling
xxx

It's horrid isn't it!
I really hate the feeling of food now,it just isn't nice.
Have you gained any weight at all by eating rubbish?

Weighed myself today and seem to have put two pounds on BUT- my clothes are looser than ever and my boobs even smaller.
I think the feeling I'm getting is some sort of dumping. But it's with everything- no worse with chocolate than it is with vegatables?
How about you?
xx

Back