• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers-Information I wanted to share

emma-louise

my new life!!
I'm currently 2 yrs and 4 mths out since bypass.
And the other day I had a check up at my hospital,I'm under the care of dr Ammori and others.
And my appointment was really informative! found a couple of new things as well as the consultant really happy with my weightloss.
Anyway I was told after a meeting with gastric surgeons...they are going to advise all patients it's a good idea to wear some form of medical identity to show you've had gastric bypass.
And just to plainly have written on it..
Please contact(your hospital where surgery was done)in case of emergency...

Thanks for sharing. My hospital recommended it before my op and I carry with me a bracelet that says gastric bypass patient, no blind ng tube, no nsaids and no sugars. I've also let my my health and safety officer at work know same thing. It has emergency numbers on it too. I don't wear the bracelet daily as I'd never remember but it is in my purse that I take pretty much everywhere so hopefully if it is ever needed, some one will spot it x

Yes I do think that is a good idea Emma. I also have bit of bad tummy episode started early hour sof yesterday morning, feeling sore inside around belly button region. Only had dry fried egg for breakfast because was going out for lunch with my mam and sisters. Went for lunch, ate tiny bit of turkey, bit of york puddn, bit of turnip and as it passed dwon the pain n discomfort started gain. Ate no more just left it all. Brought the turkey home they all finished their lunch and had desert I had a sip of water. 2 hrs later I had a slice of toast went down ok till it got down to belly button area then pain and discomfort gain, have been going to toilet well this last week so knew wasnt that but thought might have something stuck down there, Had soup later on just tomato, could still feel it when it went right down, feeln bruised inside there. Just been drinking tea, after that the had little piece of the trkey brought home with mayo so wasn;t too dry, cgewed it well but still feel it lower down. Decided to take 2 buscopan before ned. Have just had a cuppa, it still feels bruised but not eaten anyhting yet think might start with buscopan and see how it goes. Am always worried in case its the start of an abscess where the bowel is or an ulcer. Hope its better today, just been doin g well lately no probs then wham back to the drawing board. How yiu getting in these days?

Hi Christ,

I was given a IBS medication to take daily,but it's been no use.
The gastric surgeon says my local doctor means well,but she doubts it will work.
I haven't really noticed any difference either,I was told she is going to mention my discomfort in the next surgeons meeting.
But what I thought was really ivd just got to live with it!

Hi Christ,

I was given a IBS medication to take daily,but it's been no use.
The gastric surgeon says my local doctor means well,but she doubts it will work.
I haven't really noticed any difference either,I was told she is going to mention my discomfort in the next surgeons meeting.
But what I thought was really ivd just got to live with it!

Sorry chrisa(not Christ!) typing too fast!

Well i ma a good Christina or tyr to be but nevre been called Christ before, made me laugh xx. I think it is calmed down a bit think it gets bruised after eating certain things have had a little spell without anything, but then came back gain dunno how you cope, but then again what choice do you have. xx

Back