• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused, am I on the waiting list now?

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I got funding for my gastric bypass last May and have met my surgeon two times now as well as had all the pre requite pre op tests done. I have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea and on established CPAP.

Two months ago I saw my surgeon who said he was happy to sign me out of clinic and write to my GP as he was now going to discuss my case at the next MDT meetings. He said he was going to remove my gall bladder as well as a small hernia repair and he would like me to have another scan to check for any stray gall stones in my bile ducts. la la la.. I digress!

I was told that if I hadn't heard from the hospital within a month I should chase my GP as it would be down to him responding as to when I could go on the waiting list. I was told as long as I hadn't gained over 7Ibs I would be automatically put on the list once they had heard from my GP.

I had to chase my GP as I didn't get the call to go and get weighed, and it seemed he hadn't received any letter regarding me. I followed this by contacting my surgeon's secretary who informed me that I was mistaken as my surgeon had requested this particular scan and he will see me in clinic again once he got these results. I asked about waiting for a letter from my GP so I could be listed, and she said I must be mistaken again as my GP was only getting an 'update' of my progress thus far, no need for any reply.

Grrr.. so frustrating!

Anyway.... today. I get a copy letter to my GP telling him about my case and that the MDT said "She is currently been established on CPAP and the decision of the MDT was that she should be seen in clinic to finally discuss roux-en-y-bypass and to list her for this."

Does anyone know what this means? The letter does not ask for my GP to respond, only seems to be an informative letter.

I am so confused. :cry:

Still confused

:cry:

I have the urge to phone my surgeons secretary to ask her explain the letter I received but I feel worried that they might think I am being a bit annoying.

I don't want to get to my next appointment at the end of June for the surgeon to say, you can go on the list as soon as we hear from your GP, if I can chase up my GP now. Indeed, do they want my GP to respond to the letter. Oh confusion confusion confusion.

Any advice please? :confused:

:cry:

I have the urge to phone my surgeons secretary to ask her explain the letter I received but I feel worried that they might think I am being a bit annoying.

I don't want to get to my next appointment at the end of June for the surgeon to say, you can go on the list as soon as we hear from your GP, if I can chase up my GP now. Indeed, do they want my GP to respond to the letter. Oh confusion confusion confusion.

Any advice please? :confused:

HI,

phone phone and phone again! if there's one thing that i'v learnt and thats you will always be bottom of the pile if you don't get pro-actvie with your case, make sure they get to know you by your 1st name or the mere sound of your voice and that way you know your being thought of xxx hope you get the answers to your questions soon, as i know this waiting game can get us all down xxxx my friends joke that i'm on my doctors christmas card list because i don't need to give my first name or surname anymore pmsl xx

take care and all the best xxxxxx

Back