• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My stomach pain !! Wind I think not !!

maxsmum

I wrote on Slimmerkays thread last week about stomach pain as we both seemed to have the same symptoms.

Well this was not to be the case as I had to have an emergency appendectomy, endured a ruptured ovarian cyst and a had a hernia under my belly button !!:eek:

Dear god i hear you say, but I have never been one to do things by half !! Had a strange experience though as went to A&E and was in hospital overnight before the 'emergency op' due to the bypass, honestly it was like an alien has landed with everyone from junior doctors, registras and consults coming to poke and prod me (oh err) :D. I had two CT scans so a range of medical folk could have a look and was told I may need to be transferred to Leeds to the 'bariatric people'.

Honestly though I had really good care and no one was patronising about my surgery and were grateful i wasn't still as big I think !! (at least when transferring me from bed to bed when unconcious ! ) LOL :D

Am sore and only lost a pound due to fluid retension but happy and recovering.

Just remember guys we still get other 'regular' ailments as well, dont let medical people get caught up in your bypass and not see the other problems you may have Xx

So sorry to hear about your ordeal, I hope you start to recover very soon

Oh wow Sally, you poor thing youve had a terrible time. Im so pleased you are now on the mend. Take it nice and slowly, make sure you give your body time to recover (HUGS) XX

wow! hope ur feeling better soon x

Sally I'm glad they found out what the problems were before things got too serious. Hope you make a full and quick recovery.

Rebirthxx

You poor soul, what an ordeal you've had. I do hope you recover well now.
Grace xxx

Thanks so much guys !! Feeling much better now thanks Xx

At least I dont have to struggle through the snow to work for a few weeks LOL

Mainly I just wanted to highlight that sometimes we can put things off because we think all stomach pain is due to our surgery and a was quite taken aback at my mum who stood at the end of the hospital bed and said 'This better not be something to do with that bloody op', which she had never even commented on before. I really thought everyone in my family was really supportive about the bypass but it became evident that if anything goes wrong they will always blame the surgery and me for choosing to do it. I know I made the right decision for me and my kids because my activity levels and postive attitude has increased beyond my expectations, but know that deep down my extended family think I should have been capable to lose the weight without the surgery.

Bit bummed out with them really, I have never regreted having the surgery and never will, for the first time in a very long time I feel like myself and get treated with the same respect and consideration as other 'average sized ' people.

Many thanks and hugs for your support, rant over LOL

Sally XX

Reactions: Bev
Good grief :(

So happy things are sorted for you now though. Couldn't they have just whipped your gallbladder out too though as they were in there anyway ;)

Hope you are feeling better Sally... it's an awful pain... I remember it more than childbirth... sending a warm and loving hug. Take care xxx

Gosh you poor thing! Glad you are feeling better now and are on the recovery route. xxx

Back